Video Tape to Digital

Packout

Very Active Member
Ok, so I have a few tapes of animals and was wondering if I can run it thru a Digital Video Camera to make it digital. And if so How? Yes, I am technologically challenged.

Thanks

What are you trying to copy from? Are they on VCR tapes or Hi8 or digital 8???
I've done some older stuff that's on 8mm by connecting the analogue connectors from the video camera to my PC. Then I have some capture software that makes a digital recording on the PC. You'll have some loss but then its digital and you can burn it as a .avi file (minimal compresseion but very large files) to a DVD or do some production/cleanup work and compress it to a dvd. VCR tapes can be done the same way. You just need the right connections on the computer.
Good luck.
ds

It's really easy on most digital cameras. I just play the old tapes in my VCR with it hooked up to the "input" jack on my Canon digital camera. The camera records the VHS signal on its digital tape. Once it's on the digital tape you can downlaod it to your computer, edit it, burn it, it's up to you. You may need to dig out the owners manual for your camera (and I know some don't do it) to get all the details, but it worked great for me. Good Luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom