Vietnam Vets ok With Liar?

m1fan

Very Active Member
What say the warriors from the Vietnam conflict about someone like a politician who lies about being there? Does the lie tell something about that politicians views toward his fellow servicemen/women who died and fought in Vietnam?

m1fan;

I will not comment , since I ran away to Canada , during that time period.

Steve

I don't like it, but even more distasteful was the treatment of senator Kerry by the supposed swiftboat crew.

Politics attracts the trash.

Someone lies about military service it indicates the character of that individual and they should never be considered for any position of power.

Only fly in the ointment is that stupid people vote.

If it's against the law to pass yourself off at high school reunion with fake medals as veteran, why isn't it against the law to make false claims about your service or being in the service at all?

It should be, would stop a lot of false pretense in it's tracks.
A person who falsly states to being a vet for the purpose of criminal gain or political gain taints everyone who served with honor.

RELH

Wow FTW, agreed 100%. I don't give a shyt if you're R or D, if you lie about your service in the military, undermining what those who actually do serve have done, then you should be thrown in jail. The only circumstances where lying would be okay for me is if it was an elected official lying to a foreign leader to gain intelligence. Under no circumstances is it ever okay to lie about your service for political or monetary gain.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Ronald Reagan
Ronaldus Magnus. The most beloved man in all of conservatism repeatedly confused (or "confused") scenes from his acting career with heroic battlefield moments...that he never participated in or witnessed. Reagan, for instance, is reported to have boasted to Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Simon Wiesenthal of photographing concentration camps at the end of World War II. He even told Shamir he'd helped liberate Auschwitz. In his autobiography he wrote "by the time I got out of the Army Air Corps all I wanted to do--in common with several million other veterans--was to rest up, make love to my wife." But as Michael Schaller wrote in his book Reckoning with Reagan, "This obscured the fact that unlike most of the "several million other veterans," Reagan had left neither home nor wife while in military service."

Just in case all you Ill informed Reagan lovers missed this I thought I would add it for you. Hopefully you can accept the reality that Reagan was an actor, as president and as head of the Screen Actors Guild. You could always argue it was the dementia that led to the confusion in his stories.

Pretty certain Reagan is dead. As FTW says time to stop humping his corpse, this goes for sides.

It is not as if the left doesn't have it's own problems with people misremembering their military service or lack there of. Even Hillary, who never served a minute, has voiced accounts of her landing in a war zone under fire in the Balkans when the video shows her being greeted with little girls handing her flowers.

There should be no excuse for such behavior or lying but we get the politicians we deserve.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom