Vigilant Hunters Help Game & Fish Catch Poacher!

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
Archery Antelope hunting in Arizona Unit 10 last Thursday, and 2 hunters heard gun shots while glassing at dawn. The hunters changed their focus to the area where they heard the guns shots. In short order they saw someone hiking along with a rifle, about a mile away. They could not determine what the hiker had been shooting at. When they looked back at the hiker, they noticed he was no longer carrying a gun, apparently he ditched it as he was coming up to a dirt road.

The hunters concluded they had reason to be suspicious, so they called the sheriff and Game & Fish. They then made efforts to get to their vehicle. The plan was to locate the hidden gun, then locate the hiker's vehicle or camp. They were successful in both respects.

By they time the authorities arrived they had obtain sufficient information for effective interrogation to commence. Faced with witnesses, and the recovered gun, the hiker confessed to poaching a doe antelope that morning. Score one for the good guys.

I heard 1 shot boomers this bowhunt while packed In 5 miles. It wasn't that I heard the shots, it was the time of day both occurred. Right at dusk and right at first light. I will be on the lookout too!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom