Vortex 20-60x60mm Nomad Spotting scope

Foothills12

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-08 AT 00:08AM (MST)[p] I have been wanting a new spotting scope i currently have a wind river 15-45 and was not all to impressed with it. I was looking at the nomad and heard that it was much better than the wind river. I also read some previous posts and saw mostly good comments, i know it will not be a $2,000 scope but wanted to see if it was worth the money and get some much needed input.. thnx

Where did all the Nomad owners go from the past posts? I'm itchin to buy this thing someones gotta tell me pro's. If it helps i want to use it for backpacking, i thought about the skyline but wasn't sure the 1.5lbs would be worth it...

Backpacking I would recomend the Nomad. It is more compact, and when your backpacking every ounce adds up. The nomad will be able to give you what you want when packing in. I love the Skyline ED for around the roads when I can get a wheeler or a car into the area.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

I chimed in on both posts cowslayer mentioned. I'll start by saying I've never had one of the highest end scopes but I have owned a leupold gold ring 12-40 for the last 5 years and the nomad is very comparable for much less money and with higher magnification. The Leupold has been good but is going into retirement...
I'd buy it again tomorrow.
ds

Thanks for the info, I think the golden ring is actually superior to the wind river. So it sounds like it is a great scope.

I am really impressed with my nomad so far. I have not used it on a hunt yet, but the limited time I have packed it around, the size and weight have been great. Clarity and sharpness are good edge to edge and I like the ergonomics as well. The way it rotates on the mount makes for very comfortable positions. I can't wait to put it to good use this year. I have seen it side by side with a leupold, nikon, and cabelas that all cost more and the nomad was better to me. I am very happy with my purchase.

Andy

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-08 AT 08:15AM (MST)[p]Foothills, that was my thought exactly. My gold ring was/is a great spotter. Both the Nomad and the Leupold gold ring were hands down better than the Cabelas spotter that I had purchased (and returned...).

I love my Nomad...it is much smaller and lighter than the Skyline, although you loose light capturing ability with the Nomad. For someone who plans on packing it in, I would highly recommend it. Its a great scope

I talked to the one of the guys in the vortex booth at the hunt expo, I was interested in the nomad as well. He told me they were coming out with an ED version this summer and that I should wait. I even had the wife talked in to letting me get one at the show if they were selling any. I decided to wait. I hope they are coming early summer, or I will probably end up getting the non ED.

I have been hoping for an ED Nomad! I love my skyline ED but it is sooo big. Any more info on this?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom