Vortex 20-60X80 Spotting Scope Under $200 New

maxxbob1

I received my new Vortex 20-60X80 spotting scope this afternoon. I immediately took it outside and tried it out. Fully multi-coated optics, VIP Vortex warranty, and even a nicely padded soft case, BRAND NEW - UNDER $200. I really wasn't expecting too much for that price, but so far, I'm really impressed!!
http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexspecial20-60x80

I got it with the High Country Tripod $70, which is $10 off the regular price. A great deal!
-- Bob

I was thinking about buying that same spotter. How does it perform in low light?? Would you recommend it, or put the $200 into a more expensive scope??

damn..the 80mm nomad has been exposed..better get them now while you still can..only a few more left..i think there was only 300 available to sell..i got mine first week of march and it is amazing..i use vortex glass all the way around, binos, scope, tripod and spotting scope. i was going to get the skyline just because the 80mm but had issues with size and weight, then a little bird let me in on the secret about this scope..im completely satisfied with this scope and glad i was tipped on it before it hit the market cause i know they will go fast..i had a chance to look through the new Razor spotting scope as well..its a great piece of glass and amazing to look through..although i wouldnt want to pack that thing around on my back all day

Lkslayer - I don't have anything to compare the low light performance against - I have two old spotting scopes and this one just blows them away, but they are 60mm objectives and this one is 80mm. That's 78% bigger area so its nearly twice as much light.
-- Bob

Rackmaster, I'm in the market for a new spotter, and recently read about the new Razor HD. I take it you've looked through one? What is the scoop? What are you comparing it to? Thanks for the help. Nobody around here has one to look through.

NO I haven't yet ...kowa(jap made,which is ok) made a grand cheaper...$1500.00 is cheaper than 2500! please review it for us! price is right! obj size is right! not for a light weight pack hunter!
buying through bass, camera land!

Rackmaster

I just ordered this scope with the tripod. Can't wait to get it. If it's a good as everyone says this is a heck of a deal.

i think the Razor HD will stand up against the big 3. Its a great spotting scope. Yes it is heavy but for the 85mm obj and the awesome clarity i wouldnt think twice about buying it..however i would think twice about leaving the truck with it. if your looking for a great scope to pack i would go with the Nomad..I am loving the 80mm one..let me know how it works out with the high country tripod..i talked to one of the managers at Vortex and he recommended the Ridgeview and thats what i got..Very pleased with that combo

In reality the vast majority of spotters are made in Japan, and several models appear nearly the same. That's hardly evidence that the Razor is made by Kowa. I'd guess your 100% wrong on this one, but I'll admit there is some awfully good glass from Japan nowadays.

OTHER THAN NIKON, KOWA, VORTEX RAZOR (HD model) ...VAST MAJORITY?
CHINA and surrounding region make the rest except high end optics!
Leupold made in USA.
Do you know I'am 100% wrong and prove it? what model appeear the same?
chevy/gmc..
zeiss/doctor..

Rackmaster

I would venture to guess that even the Leupolds aren't all made in the USA anymore. I believe that there Windriver line is made overseas but don't know about the "Gold Ring" series. I assume it is at least assembled in Oregon.

Minox Spotters are made in Japan I believe, but I could be wrong. I have a Celestron that was made in Japan with ED glass before ED glass was the "in" thing. Where is the higher end Pentax glass made? I don't know but I would be surprised if it wasn't Japan.

I know that my Vortex Spotter was made in China but it is still good. I have the Vortex Sandpiper that Doug at Cameraland is selling.

Firehawk

I received mine yesterday and tried it out. I'm very impressed with this scope and the clarity even at 60x. Can't go wrong for $200.

I know the wind river series of binos is made in japan and it wouldn't surprise me if their rangefinders are too since their quality is definitely second-rate, especially at the price they are asking.

I just got my new Vortex 20-60X80 Spotting Scope. I bought a Ridgeview tripod with it. looks to be a sweet outfit.

Boot

Thanks for all the support on this spotter guys, it makes finding and offering these deals rewarding. We initially got 300 each of the straight and the angled and still have about 50 of each available, with newly added combination deals, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexspecial20-60x80 if you prefer a 65mm tube we also have the Sandpiper 15-45x65mm straight for $199.99, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexsandpiper also available with combo deals.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]
www.cameralandny.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom