Vortex diamondbacks

PSEbackcountry

Well saved up a little more cash. Got a bonus from work! Lol would it be worth it to spend the extra $30 and get the 12x50 instead of the 10x42? What about the 10x50s even? Does it make that much of a difference during the day? Bigger view with the eye cups being bigger? Let’s here it. Thanks.

If you're interested in a 12x50 take a look at the Kowa SV50-12 12x50mm Binocular. We have these on sale for only $169.99, reduced from $275.00 and I think you'll find them far superior to the Diamondback.
For a little more $$ you can get into the Athlon Midas 12x50 which we have on sale for only $299.99 and these would be optically on par with the Viper HD

Please give us a call to discuss which would be best for you, 516-217-1000

If you're interested in a 12x50 take a look at the Kowa SV50-12 12x50mm Binocular. We have these on sale for only $169.99, reduced from $275.00 and I think you'll find them far superior to the Diamondback.
For a little more $$ you can get into the Athlon Midas 12x50 which we have on sale for only $299.99 and these would be optically on par with the Viper HD

Please give us a call to discuss which would be best for you, 516-217-1000

I’m just asking if I’d be better then the 10x42. I have not had the chance to looked into any 12x50s yet. Only 10x42s. So is what I’m asking is other people is 12x50 would be a better choice. Thank you for the suggestions. And I would like to look thru the other optics as said above before I make a decision thank you for the recommendations

If you're not planning to tripod mount then stick with a 10x as a 12x should be tripod mounted for optimum performance

It seems like the more you go up in magnification, the bigger the gap in glass like the diamondbacks.

I run the 10x42 and they are good glass. I also run the spotter. With it the more magnification, the less crisp.

I dontvplan on upgrading binos, so they are pretty good

I've been researching this as well. I currently use 10x50 and they work great. However, experts far more experienced than me (Jay Scott, Adam Bronson, Jason Carter) have all said a one and done bino are the 12x50. Most guys would also say you can get away with using them freehand or on a tripod. Again, I'm just reiterating what I've recently researched. I'm probably going with the 15x56 (most likely Vortex Vultures) since I already have the 10's.

This can be one of those debates the pros/cons of the 10s vs 12s, Ill lend a few facts that might help then ill add my opinion.

Lets start with the Objective lens, 42mm vs 50mm in this case with a pair in the same quality tier as Diamondbacks you will get about an additional 3-8 minutes of extra light in the morning and evening. Con here is added size and weight.

12x -
Con: Heavier (sometimes), larger size (sometimes), smaller field of view, can add eye fatigue without a tripod for long glassing sits, more expensive
Pro: Larger magnification

10x -
Con: Less magnification, larger field of view
Pro: Lighter (sometimes), smaller (sometimes), Less expensive, easier to free hand, closer focus range.

Ok, my opinion, I own a hunting gear rental store and have the opportunity to use, try out and judge many Bino's and spotters. I always grab a pair of 11x45s or 12x50s for just about every hunt I go on. Here is why, I can free hand a 12x50 well enough in short bursts that I do not get eye/arm fatigue, and when I am going to glass I put them up on a pod. Like most of us I like more power (debate set up on power vs hand shake and seeing the target). Then I might bring a pair of 15x or 18x for the pod rather than a spotting scope.

Conclusion, 10x42 is the most universal bino in the world for good reason, it checks a lot of boxes. I personally like looking though a bigger set with more mag. and don't have a problem in medium to short free hand scans, yet the versatility to putting them on a pod for a more clear glassing session.

Hope that is somewhat helpful. If you want to check out the rental stuff I have a pair of Diamondbacks, I advertise the site here that you can click on or feel free to visit www.deepwoodsrentals.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom