Vortex In-Action Photo Contest (WIN Optics!)

Founder

Founder Since 1999
[font size="+1"]Vortex In-Action Photo Contest[/font]​

The fine folks over at Vortex Optics want to give away some optics! Plus, they want some photos to use on their website of sportsmen using Vortex Optics.

So, here's what you need to do:

Post Your Photos Right Here In This Thread!
OR, email them to Brian at: [email protected] and I can post them for you.
[ol]
[li]Submit (post) one or multiple pictures of you using your Vortex optics in the field (hunting, competition or just enjoying the view).
[li]At least one photo must be of you with a clear picture of your Vortex product (binocular, riflescope, spotting scope).
[li]Give us the story behind the photo (location, season or that it was a simply a great hunt/shoot).
[/ol]
Entries can be submitted (posted in this thread) from now through Dec. 15th, 2008; winners will be announced on Dec 17th, 2008.

PRIZES:

1st Place Prize: Your choice between:
1. Razor Binocular or
2. Skyline Spotting Scope with a full-size Tripod

2nd Place Prize: Your choice between:
1. Viper Binocular or
2. Viper Riflescope or
3. Nomad Spotting Scope, High Country Tripod and Car Window Mount

3rd Place Prize: Vortex Fury Binocular

All prizes include a Vortex T-Shirt, Binoc-Loc, Harness Strap and Lens Pen.
** ( Must be 18 years old to enter.) **
** All entries will become the property of Vortex Optics and can be redistributed for Vortex Optics marketing purposes. **

Here I am with my Vortex Vulture (12x50) bino's. THey worked great along side my Vortex Nomad (20x60x60) spotting scope. I used both to spot and size up this dandy bull for my Dad, who made an excellent shot and put the bull down..

48f3b451740e1126.jpg

I just have to put this pic in this contest. I just received by new spotter. Right out of the box I set it up on the kitchen table, pointed it at the mountain right out my front room and spotted a group of mulies. I turned my back for one second and my future little hunting buddy was up on the bench checking them out too. LOL

48f3d0424eeab135.jpg

This is my turkey surprise. Calling in turkeys is getting to be high risk in Utah.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Was able to locate a flock of turkeys from a ways away and get in front of them and lower the boom on this rain drenched, fine tasting Jake.

IMG_0120.jpg

We'll post more as the year progresses.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

Here is the my 2008 antelope that I harvested with the help of my Vortex Razors 10x42 (which I absolutely love) and my Vortex Skyline ED 20x60x80 (Which I also love) Very satisfied with the Vortex line.

48f3f8fc7cf7bc98.jpg

48f3f9f404e6d142.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 08:57?PM (MST)

Here is my 2008 LE Rifle Wasatch bull. I was using my
Viper 10x42 binos.
48f409b316d3ae50.jpg

This is a family photo of my little boy using and looking at the camera with that same Viper 10x42 bino.
48f40a3b1d5139ff.jpg

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I've been using the 10x42 Vortex Vipers and Nomad spotting scope for the past couple of hunting seasons and I haven't had any problems with them at all. I think they are great optics and I can use some more, so I figured I should get in on the contest.

Here is a picture of me and my brother with his 08 Utah "expo tag" bull. He shot his bull after 10 days of hunting on the second to the last day. I glassed up this bull bedded on a ridge at around 3:00 P.M. in the afternoon. My brother put a stalk on the bull and he shot it in it's bed from 100 yards away.

Elk08036Medium2.jpg

My 08 Utah general season muzzleloader buck. I shot him at 50 yards.

Muzzy08052Medium.jpg

My 07 Utah general season rifle buck. I chased this buck on the muzzleloader hunt, but I never could get a good shot at him. I ended up killing the buck on opening morning of the rifle hunt at around 80 yards.

Shane031-3.jpg

I glassed up these elk sheds in the spring of 08 with my Vipers and Nomad.

Sheds08018-2.jpg

I wanted to share these pictures of my good friend Brett and his 4pt buck. Brett was able to realize one of his many hunting goals tonight. This year, he wanted a 4 pt. with his rifle. Due to the great program that the Utah DWR has for disabled hunters, he was able to fulfill that dream with his Dad and boy at his side.

We were able to glass this and a few other deer up from several hundred yards away and "sneak in" on them via some quiet polaris 4 wheelers. Brett made a great 200 yard 1 shot kill.

Congrats Brett!

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-08 AT 04:32PM (MST)[p]These are some photo's of my 2008 Utah archery deer. Purchased my 10x42 razors last season and my skyline spotting scope just before summer this year. I love my new optics. Story:
Last look before the stock. Picture taken through Vortex Skyline
DSC00513.jpg

Result of the funnest stock I have ever attempted.
DSC00517.jpg

Poseing with my Vortex Razor 10x42 love them. I never enjoyed glassing until I purchased them.
DSC00522.jpg

FINALLY last part of the pack. Next year I will work out a little more
DSC00538.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-08 AT 10:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-08 AT 10:42?PM (MST)

A great pic of my little hunting buddy on a mid-summer scouting trip with ole dad! Nothing like a smile on your kids face under a Nomad silhoutted by a beautiful morning sky in Utah!

48f6c6193da4bd6b.jpg

Layne Julander, aka monroebnd, sent these pictures for the Vortex Contest.

Layne writes, "Tough moose hunt on the Ogden unit. My brother shot this on opening day of the deer hunt. After hunting hard and seeing nothing bigger he happily took this bad boy. He is thrilled and happy to show off his Vortex Razors that helped him to see that this bull was a keeper."

48ff433b65afe854.jpg

48ff434d662d8939.jpg

Come on boys, lets keep those photos of you guys sporting Vortex optics coming. Vortex is giving away some great prizes!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Here are a few pics of my favorite huntin' buddy, my 10 yr old son Dayton. We were scouting the day before the Utah rifle hunt. After I found the bucks, he would study them in my Vortex Skyline ED spotter, and determine if they met his "standards". LOL He didnt find any that were big enough in these areas, so we hunted elsewhere on opening day. Having this spotter makes these trips a lot more enjoyable for him! We just got the MK1 digital camera adapter, and I have built a custom adapter tube for my video camera as well, so we are looking forward to the next couple of weeks spotting a few rutting bucks!

4908d0ff17266d87.jpg

4908d11a17c31bc2.jpg

4908d1381931d2c2.jpg

4908d1661afa45dd.jpg

------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

I wanted to share these pictures of my Mom. This is her first hunt/animal ever. She was able to take this Buck Antelope at about 75 yards with my .243 topped with a Diamondback 4-12 rifle scope. She was using/wearing a pair of Razor 10X42 binoculars.

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

The 10x42 Vortex Vipers are so nice that big bucks stand out like they have orange hats on their heads! :)

MarkChristensen08Buck050.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-08 AT 11:02PM (MST)[p]prism. i guess you don't mess with you as my harmless post was nuked? So I will just ask is that a recent buck of yours? Good luck on your late hunt. Layne

just noticed my other post wasn't nuked, I am just a utard. Sorry

No, it's a buddy's buck.

I was incharge of waredrobe and makeup, and official leg holder.

Good luck to everyone that's posted up some pics!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-08 AT 07:24AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-08 AT 07:22?AM (MST)

Here is a shot of me using the Skyline ED on a high country muzz hunt in Colorado...

Spotter.jpg

Here is a buck that I passed up on that hunt...

Deer.jpg

Using the Skyline on the Utah general muzz hunt I was able to find this buck bedded in the shadows in thick junipers. Was able to stalk in on him and lucked out.

3pt.jpg

I used the Nomad this year in Nevada and watched this freak buck bed in heavy timber and after a very steep hike got close enough to take him. I had the right hat on this time too.

IMG_1311.jpg

Thanks,
oakbrush

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-08 AT 05:21PM (MST)[p]Here I am using my Vortex Diamondback 10x42's looking over some of the front range of northern Colorado on my first ever elk hunt. This was my first chance to use them in a hunting situation and I could not be happier with the quality of these binoculars!!
Colorado2008small122.jpg

Now here I am with my first ever elk! A beautiful 6x6 I took while hunting with Atkinson Expeditions out of Wellington, CO. I took him at 117 yds with my Winchester Model 70 featherweight 30-06 using a handloaded 180 gr Nosler Accubond.
ScottSpencerbullWes002small.jpg

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Last season in Idaho, I hunted for Shiras Moose. After a number of tough hunting days, I was able to locate an animal that met my goal. I had the goal of a 45" moose with double brow tines. The morning of the 8th day I spotted this moose about 225 yards in the pre-dawn light. One quick confirmation with my Vortex Viper 10x42 optics and I knew this was the bull I wanted to take. It is a memory I will never forget.

vortex_1.jpg

Vortex_2.jpg

LOTS OF GREAT PHOTOS!! Keep them coming folks. And thanks!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

My wifes first deer hunt was a blast. Nothing like spending time together in the outdoors.
After opening day and passing up a twenty inch two point we only had the last day to hunt because of work.
We decided to try an area I hunted last year and had seen a few bucks. As the sun came up we were glassing
using the Vortex Skyline and found a few bucks.

vortex2-1-1.jpg

After looking them over and coming up with a plan to close the distance to two hundred yards we pepared to
put the stalk on.

DSCN2342.jpg

Cathy getting one last look before the shot.

DSCN2345-1.jpg

After about ten min we had closed the gap to 198 yards. Cathy was shooting my 30.06 that my uncle
sold to me cause he said had to much kick.:) I wont disclose his name he is kinda well
known on here. She sat down and with one shot the to the boiler
it was all over.

DSCN2347.jpg

Cathy is a trooper and I couldnt ask for a better hunting partner. Here she is with her first deer and the Skyline that
helped her fill her tag.

DSCN2351.jpg

2008 Colorado 4th Season Elk Hunt ~ Thanks Vortex!

I can not tell you how proud I am of my dad's late season bull elk we took last week (October 13th, 2008) during a late season hunt here in Southern Colorado. The pride I have being able to take my dad hunting and helping him out, after all of the years he took me, can not be explained in words nor does the size of elk harvested make it any sweeter, and thanks to the great light gathering capabilities of Vortex Optics we were able to locate this bull and my father was able to harvest him with one shot at the last minute of legal shooting light on the second evening of the season.

IMGP1055.jpg

IMGP1057.jpg

Josh Peterson writes, "My dad finally wore out the point system and drew a hunters choice tag on the Henry's this year. We were able to go down and see some truly unique and awesome country while at the same time as hunting wild buffalo. I and my oldest brother, dad, and uncle went down and spotted for a couple of days before the hunt, and then on opening morning we loaded up on the horses and headed away from all the roads just expecting a good day of riding and looking. But as my uncle said later we remembered to pack our bag of luck. We spotted this lone bull up at the top of mountain in the steep shale and decided to go after him. We had a great time, and made some once in a lifetime memories. And I was able to see all the buffalo and fantastic bucks with my vortex vipers."
492ac7cd14eb2052.jpg

492ac81a16fb0f4c.jpg

I thought I would include my 2008 Wyoming Antelope to the competition. I found this buck during the archery hunt and after ending up frustrated, I returned for the opening morning of the rifle hunt. I found him the night before the rifle hunt pushing around other bucks and tending his does. After watching him from a long distance til the last few minutes of light, I went to bed set on shooting him if I could find him again.

After 30 minutes of sorting through antelope on opening morning. I was able to turn him up with my 10X42 Razors. I put my Nomad 20-60X60 on him and was able to verify and give him a good look.

After a long drive and a stalk, I was able to connect with my first Pronghorn Buck at 330 or so yards. After the shot, I couldn't tell if he was hit. My hunting partner/son confirmed that I hit him good and that I got him. I wasn't so sure. He ran hard and over a hill and out of site. Well not wanting to "doubt" my young spotter. We went to the last spot to check for blood and I was surprised to see that the antelope was piled up just over top of the hill. I had hit him perfect creamating both of his lungs.

I guess I won't doubt my spotter anymore.

Love the optics as they performed great in Wyoming.

CS

MrBig.jpg

Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

ragingelkiholic writes:

Here is my father in law two days before late season elk hunt, using his 80mm skyline to find that "one bull"
4936fc8475bb4797.jpg

Here he is with that "one bull" All I can say is it was a good thing for the bdc reticle. With his first shot 500 and the last being at 686 it sure helped bring him down.
4936fc9d765a169f.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Here I am in Arizona, Oct. of '07 puting my (at the time) New Vortex Razors to good use.

493b068c6fca6c64.jpg

And here is the results of that trip, a very nice 25" 3x3, I had spoted this buck several times with my Razors during the hunt and finally decided to take him.

493b06586df1d492.jpg

Here is a set of 6x8 sheds that I found, the Razors really come in handy when looking for sheds.

493b06b7704096ba.jpg

The next three photos are of another shed trip, I spoted a few of these sheds from a long distance.

493b06f270f596ba.jpg

493b074c72f8d836.jpg

493b0782738c1f77.jpg

Here I am on my '08 Utah Genral season archery elk hunt.

493b07eb75658d1d.jpg

Here I am with my brothers on the '08 Utah genral season elk hunt with the bull they killed, I had hiked 2.5 miles in the rain through the lodge pole and jack pines for 4 hours, I was drenched from head to toe, but my Razors were just fine, my brother couldnt say the same thing about his binos, they got water inside of them and are ruined now.

493b087576fc3f87.jpg

Here I am on my '08 Arizona deer hunt, I've had my Razors for a little over a year, and they are still working great.

493b08b6793b995d.jpg

I used them to get this buck on the last hour of the last day, I made a 400 yard shot on this nice 4x4.

493b08f979ee5a66.jpg

And here I am on my '08 Colorado third season hunt, I spoted some doe's about 800 yards out, and after getting closer I found this 3x3. I Made a 350 yard shot to put this guy down, I may not have spoted those does if it was'nt for my Razors.

493b09207b726a41.jpg

And here I am with my cousin's husband who had a Late LE, Utah Elk tag, and after looking over at least 40 bulls we found this guy late on the forth day, and he decided to take him. He made a great 630 yard shot that droped the bull in its tracks, this great bull is a 6x7 that scores 315 and would have been about 330 if not broken. He has a really cool third point that turns down on his left side and he broke his 7 off of his right side. My Vortex Razors performed awsome in the cold, and I was able to size up the bulls and get one he wanted.

493b095a7c383f69.jpg

If you notice in every one of these pictures I have my Vortex Razors on my chest, they are the best pair of binoculars I have ever owned.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

After twelve years of hunting mule deer in the state of Utah and tagging my fair share of two points, I broke down and gave up my old style of road hunting. I traded the miles on my truck for a new pair of boots and a Vortex Skyline that my wife suprised me with.
'07 was a good scouting year trying to learn the new skill of glassing and learning more about the behavior of mule deer. After several missed opportunities on the archery hunt, opening morning of the muzzeloader hunt turned out to be the day my luck turned around. Skyline and binos in hand a friend and I glassed up three bucks working down a ridge. We decided that he and his compadres were a couple of shooters. Deciding on a plan of attack we got set up and prepared for the shot. The deer played along perfectly, feeding within fifty yards of where we had set up.

Here I am with my new personal best muley and couldnt be happier with him and my Vortex Optics.

DSCN2119.jpg

After getting him home and taken care of I realized that I didn't get any pics with the spotter so here are a couple snap shots I thought ya might enjoy.

GetAttachment.jpg

Black and White version

GetAttachment-1.jpg

[font size=4]Winners have been picked!!!!![/font]

1st Place Winner - Stryker, post #38
2nd Place Winner - PopeShawnPaul, post #35
3rd Place Winner - Spencer, post #34

Winners, please email me at: [email protected]
YOU MUST email me from the email address associated with
your username here at MonsterMuleys.com. Or PM me.
Send your address. For the folks who took 1st and 2nd place,
let us know which optic you would like from the options in my
first post. Also, send your T-shirt size.

Thanks to you all!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-08 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]That's it, I'm returning my vortex scopes! J/K congrats to the winners. Thanks again Brian for helping me post my pics.

Wow, I won something! I'm one of those guys that never win anything so this is fun. Thanks Vortex and MM.

Shawn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom