Vortex Kaibab or Swaro SLC 15x56

G

ghostchaser

I have heard they are both great. Does the swaro warranty compare to the Vortex warranty? For those who have spent a good amount of time looking through both, which would you buy? I finally have the cash to get either. Thanks for your time

If you've got the funds that's easy, Swarovski. Their warranty is second to none and you won't find a better view in a 15x56.

I was in the exact same situation last year that you are in this year.I knew the kaibab's were good but the swaro's were the best and I did'nt want to the have that feeling that I should bought the best that I could afford.So I bought the swaro's and I'm very pleased with my decision.

I own the swaros.

That said, I think if I were to do it again, I'd look really hard at the Kaibabs. Those I know who have them or who have tried them really like them, and most don't see an optical difference between the two.

As far as warranty, both have been great. A+ for both companies.

I love my swaros. You can't go wrong with 'em. If you have a lot of money, go that way. If you want to buy something else, I don't think you'd be sorry with the Vortex.

Here's a review you might find helpful.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20729

I own both, they are both great binos,the article by dryflyelk was, from what I have experienced dead on. The vortex are a lot less cash up front, still being top quality, the swaros have a little better clarity at long distance, thats why I us them a little more out here in arizona looking for those elusive coues deer. You can not go wrong either way.

I would try to look through both at a resolution chart if you can. They are both very good binocs. The Swaros are a little sharper on the outside edges of the field of view. The difference in the center of the field of view between the two is not very noticeable, but there is a slight difference. You'll have to decide if the difference is worth the money. Don't know much about the warranty differences.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-10 AT 06:11PM (MST)[p]i would say that the Vortex warranty is better than Swarovski. i own the 15x56 swarovski and they are awesome. i did not compare to the Kaibab but i do have a pair of the vortex Razor 10x50's and those are pretty awesome as well. Vortex makes a great product expecially for the money. Just depends on what you want to pay really. is the difference worth the price.

BTW, if your looking for used Swarovski 15x56 i have a buddy that is selling his. if your interested PM me.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom