vortex nomad spotting scope

muzz

Long Time Member
Is this scope worth it? i want a gold ring leupold but im not rich. I hunt utah and cant afford it all. anyone had experience with this scope?

I have had this spotter for about a year now and I love it. I use it 3-4 times a week. It's really light and great for packing around. You can sit and glass for hours and your eyes will never get tired. The 20-60 Power is perfect for what I needed, and the angled eye piece was great too. I think you will be happy with it, and it will be a better scope than a Leupold. The Vortex warantee is the best out there.

I have one that I used on a limited entry elk hunt last year. It is a good scope for the money, but I have had to send mine back to vortex twice to have the zoom function fixed. They have been good to work with, but I am getting tired of sending it in. Don't confuse it with any of the high end optics. It is what it is, and can not produce the clarity that you can get if you spend more money. I also have a swaro, and they are in a different solar system when it comes to clarity. If you want a spotter that works well and don't have the money and dont see yourself having the money anytime soon, then it is a good deal. However, if you can save the money now and get a swaro down the road, I would, they are worth the extra cash. The detail is amazing.....and really, isn't that what we want from a spotter, to see enough detail to evaluate our quary from affar. Saves a lot of leg time.

>I
>also have a swaro, and
>they are in a different
>solar system when it comes
>to clarity.

They are also in a different solar system when it comes to price. $300 vs $1200

You will not find a better scope for the money, and that's a fact. I will buy Vortex optics for the rest of my life. I have never had to send anything in, but if I do I know it will get fixed everytime and come back to me within the week. You can't beat that.
I wouldn't recommend Sworovski optics unless you have a ton of extra cash laying around or you make a living out of hunting (Guide). Other than that, there's not much difference between Swarovs and the high end Vortex stuff. I have compared both and the sworovs are better, but not worth the huge increase IMO.

I bought one 3 years ago. It's done a good job. I have Swaro binos and have used swaro spotters on hunts. They are better, but the reality is if you need a spotter to simply get a better look at animals once you spot them with your field glasses, this will do a great job.

I dropped it once and knocked the lens out of whack. I sent it in and had a new one within 2 weeks, no questions asked. As has been stated, the warranty can't be beat. I would highly recommend getting this spotter over the leupold.

Brady

I believe that there are two Nomads with different sized objects. 60 and 80 mm. I picked up the 80mm from Camera Land last summer for $200. Only one season behind it, but it was well worth the money. It opened up a lot of country, elk, and deer to me. I can't comment on other brands.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-10 AT 02:33AM (MST)[p]I have both the Swaro and Vortex, they are not in the same league and they shouldn't be. The Vortex is very good for the money and the Swaro is very good. I had to send my Vortex in for repair, They took good care of me. I think they are a good company. And I think Vortex is the best spotting scope for the money, of any I have seen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom