Vortex Optics

NMHUNTER

Ive been looking around for a good scope and binos without breaking the bank to bad. has anyone out there used vortex optics? if so would you recommend them? and how do they compare with leupold and nikon?

cameralandny has add on this site check them out
for the vortex optics. You can email Doug with any ?

NMHUNTER,
I own two vortex spotting scopes. I absolutely love them. I am also considering buying the kaibab 15x56's as they are a pound lighter than the swarovskis and the optical quality is pretty darned close after looking through both side by side. Great company, quality close to the higher end companies for a lower cost, and a warranty as good as anyones.... two thumbs up from me to vortex

my exprience is differnt I bought vortex vipers my son bought leupolds olympics. we both like the leupolds the best.early morning or late evenings leupold all the way.

Last summer I was looking at upgrading my Leupold Cascades 10x42 to the Vortext Razor 10x42. Opticaly the Razors seemed to have a slight advantage to my Leupolds. After looking through the Cabelas Euros (same price range as the Razors) I was much more impressed with the Euros. When I get around to upgrading my optices it's going to be the Euors or a pair of Swarvorski's.

400bull

My experience with Vortex:

Bought a Skyline ED Spotter 20x60x80

Day 1: Glassed almost all day before the CO opener and really liked it.

Day 2: First light on opening morning it busted and was unable to use it the whole trip.

Day 9: Soon as I got home I returned and it and will have a sour taste in my mouth about Vortex from here on out. They had one chance to impress me and failed.

I have some of there Viper Bino and scopes, all have worked perfect and I have been impressed with the optics. I still use my Geovids most of the time because of the range finder, but if I didn't need the range finder I would have no problem using my Vipers instead.

I really liked their Razor spotter however I think there are better binos for the money out there like Cameraland's deal on their Minox HG. The Nikon EDG is far superior to anything Vortex or Leupold offers as far as binos go. What kinda price range you looking in?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-10 AT 04:53PM (MST)[p]Do yourself a favor and check out the HG Minox BR in 10x52. Doug at Cameraland has them on sale now for $600. They are regularly $1100 and the German manufactured model is going to be $1600. The only real difference is a slightly larger FOV in the German made. They weigh the same as a typical 10x42 but the larger objective would be awesome in lower light situations. You would save some sales tax too ordering out of state.

I have the 10X50 Vortex Vultures binos and the 20-60x60 Vortex Nomad spotter. Got both together from Cameraland NY for under $500
Best Optics out there for the price. They blow Leupold out of the water! The warantee is awesome and unlike Leupold, if you need to get something fixed they will have it back to you in less than 10 days.

I also just purchased a 4x12 Vortex Scope with BDC recticle. I have not used it yet but man it's sweet. The Luepold VX 2 is a piece of crap compared to this scope. The VX 3s are hard to beat, but I'm really liking this Vortex stuff.

>My experience with Vortex:
>
>Bought a Skyline ED Spotter 20x60x80
>
>
>Day 1: Glassed almost all day
>before the CO opener and
>really liked it.
>
>Day 2: First light on opening
>morning it busted and was
>unable to use it the
>whole trip.
>
>Day 9: Soon as I got
>home I returned and it
>and will have a sour
>taste in my mouth about
>Vortex from here on out.
>They had one chance to
>impress me and failed.

Do you mind telling us what exactly broke??

>My experience with Vortex:
>
>Bought a Skyline ED Spotter 20x60x80
>
>
>Day 1: Glassed almost all day
>before the CO opener and
>really liked it.
>
>Day 2: First light on opening
>morning it busted and was
>unable to use it the
>whole trip.
>
>Day 9: Soon as I got
>home I returned and it
>and will have a sour
>taste in my mouth about
>Vortex from here on out.
>They had one chance to
>impress me and failed.

Do you mind telling us what exactly broke??

vortex is way over rated I have the vipers binos and skyline ed spotter and im not impressed at all. better glass out there for the money esp. the spotter.I would save for the good stuff if was to do it again. I guess thats what im doing now.I still think the leupold is better glass than vortex

My experience has been very favorable with the Vortex Razor bino and the little Stokes Sandpiper spotter. I know the spotter is not great, but for $200 it is a good product.

I think that the only Leupold bino that deserves being in the same league as the direct competition Vortex is the HD series. Maybe the little Yosemite which is a heck of a lot of glass for the money.

FH

The bottom screw that the tripod mount attatches to was what broke. I put it on the tripod opening morning to check out some bucks we spotted and when i went to adjust it to look through it it fell off in the snow. All the threads were stripped and when I looked at it the screw-in part itself was loose.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom