Vortex Razor Hd 20 by 60 by 85mm

C

carrot13

I was wondering if any other members have experience using this scope and would like to hear your view on this scope. Thanks I am looking at purchasing one and just would like to know the pros and cons of this spotting scope.

Very good glass, clear & bright... especially for the price. It is on the heavy side, so keep that in mind if you plan on packing it in.

I'll second what BadDog said. Great glass, but it is heavy. I haven't had to pack one for any length of time, so that's not a big deal to me. Great spotter, though.

The 85mm razor has great day time resolution however the low light performance is very poor, terrible actually, considering the large objective. My first razor had bubbles in the eyepiece. Vortex customer service promptly replaced it and a month later the eyepiece locking mechanism broke... Quality could/should be much better.

For the money I would HIGHLY recommend spending a little more $ and getting the new Meopta S2, a used swarovski or a leica.

I have had one for a few months and have nothing but great things to say about it. I feel it is a small step down from a Swaro, Zeiss, Kowa, Leica, but for the money it is great scope. FOR ME, it was not a big enough difference to spend the more than double the amount of money. I spent a lot of time researching and the razor is what I decided. Heard good things about the new meopta, but like the dual focusing of the razor better.

I have one and I know everyone says Swaro and Leica are better, but I honestly can not tell the difference. Maybe I do not have enough experience with Swaro or Leica, but I do have some. I love my Razor. I feel like I can see forever with it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-14 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]I have been using one for a few years now, and have taken some unreal pics and video through it. It is heavy, but I can never seem to leave it behind, it is always on my back, and well worth the weight. Here is a link to some videos that I took through mine last October.

Resolution seems to suffer when loaded to You TUbe for some reason. The raw files are better quality, but you get the idea.

}}-SLIVER-->

Very good in low light and an very good spotter all around. It is big for packing around, but what you would expect for an 85 mm spotter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom