Vortex Razor HD vs. 92' Habicht Swarovski scope

Twobellyjake

I've been in the hunt for a new spotting scope and was woundering if the Vortex Razor HD is a better buy that an older Habicht Swarovski spotting scope?
I have a friend who is selling his Habicht Swarovski 20-60 80mm for $700.00. I can get the warranty changed over in my name to help make this worth it, maybe.
I can get the Vortex Razor HD for about $1500.00. I've been saving up for the Vortex Razor HD and was wondering if I should buy this older Swarovski or keep saving for a new Vortex Razor HD?
How do these two compare head to head? I wish I could afford a newer swarovski, leica, zeiss, but don't have that kind of cash and cant justify $2000 dollars more on glass that is just a little better than the Razor HD. IMO
Any help would be great!

I have the older Swaro scope it is a great scope. If you don't buy the scope for $700 let me know.

Thanks for the ideas.
How does the Zen-Ray compared to the Vortex Razor HD? (glass quality, overall quality, and warranty)
I've heard about it but thought it looked like a cheaply made scope but this is all i've heard. Made in China vs. Vortex is Japan made. You having one might have a better idea how this compares.

They are both most likely made in china, Vortex binocs are all chinese or Japanese and from what I have seen most likely rebadged Zen-Rays. Go Austrian and never look back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom