Vortex Razor new release

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Does anyone have any info on the new release of the Vortex Razor HD spotting scope? I see that they've now updated their website, and beside a color change and heli focus, I wonder what the differences are performance wise? I also noticed the 65mm is 56 ounces compared to the prior model of 49 ounces.

I just purchased the new Razor i'd say not a tremendous difference in glass or over all performance. It is built better imo I like the full rubber armour and heli focus better than the older models. Over all a good upgraded built scope. As always I don't think you can go wrong for the price!

>I'm not sure what glass vortex
>uses but quality glass weighs
>more....might explain weight increase....

Respectfully, that's baloney.
The ats 65mm HD swaro weighs 49 oz, with zoom and that isn't even the lightweight "M" model. which is 46 oz. with zoom. The 62mm Leica televid is 42oz. with zoom if memory serves, I'd have to check my picture archive....

Half pound heavier? 56 ounces is ridiculous, imho...

Buy once, cry once.

>>I'm not sure what glass vortex
>>uses but quality glass weighs
>>more....might explain weight increase....
>
>Respectfully, that's baloney.
>The ats 65mm HD swaro weighs
>49 oz, with zoom and
>that isn't even the lightweight
>"M" model. which is 46
>oz. with zoom. The
>62mm Leica televid is 42oz.
>with zoom if memory serves,
>I'd have to check my
>picture archive....
>
>Half pound heavier? 56 ounces is
>ridiculous, imho...
>
>Buy once, cry once.

Respectively.....From what I have read high quality glass does weigh more than standard glass. The difference in total optic weight comes from the high quality materials the glass is encased in.....The big three optic makers use high quality material to help cut weight of optic......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom