vortex spotter comparison

fuzzyvelvet

I am looking into the vortex razor and the vortex viper HD spotters. Curious on your thoughts. Obviously the razor is the better scope but when comparing the best scope for the best price which would you get between the two? Has anyone compared the lower mag viper to the higher mag? Thanks for the input.

Fuzzy

I bought a Viper 20-60X80 (non HD) because it will do what I want it to do. That is, spot ducks and geese from a window mount on my truck. Once every few years go out of state on a deer or pronghorn hunt.

If I used a spotter a lot, I wouldn't even consider the Viper. I hear good things about Razor, but would never buy one without looking for myself.

You get what you pay for in glass. Everyone has to decide for themselves where and when to compromise.

Eel

I bought a 15-45 Viper HD during the summer and used it quite a bit this fall. Iwas really impressed with the clarity and the ease of adjustment with the fine adjust knob. I had a Leupold before that was a good scope but it didn't compare to this scope.
p.s. I bought the Vortex from Cameralandny and mentioned MM and got a free Vortex tripod ($200) that is great. It is not a good tripod for the backpack because it is too heavy but for glassing from the truck or atv it is great.

I compared the hd and non hd when I was purchasing there wasn't a big difference but in the lower light the hd stood out to me thought it was worth the extra 100$ a couple of my buddy's have the razor and comparing them side to side the razor is the better scope but feel the viper hd was just as clear on the 20x power but zoomed to 80x power the razor is clearer and especially in low light the razor is a better scope but for what I do I love the viper hd you can't go wrong with it! Just depends on you if you want to make that 600$ + jump to the razor hope I helped pm me if you want more detail of what I thought about them

If you are going to be taking pictures threw your scope. I would go with the Razor. I was shocked how much better my video was then my brother in laws non hd scope. He has a Carl Zeiss ,I think it was a 82mm .

comparing the new modular 95mm swarovski to anything is like comparing a 200 inch muley to a sitka blacktail. simply no comparison. i did my research and plenty of time glassing through both. especially for digiscoping. and truley. hands down there is no comparison a must see for any big time hunter

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom