Vortex Talons

muleyboy

Anybody have any insights on the Vortex Talons? Was looking for a mid range binocular since my ex wife stole my Swaro's! Loved the Swaro's but cant afford to buy another set! Was looking at the Vortex Talons but know nothing about them...thanks y'all!

I love my Talon Hd's. They are good glass for the price. I had been borrowing some 15x56 swaro's before i got them and had been using them for about 2 years. It was hard to get used to them the first couple times i used them... But since then i have loved them.. They have really bright glass! But just like all the vortex glass i have looked through.....( I own Razor Hd spotting scope to) There is a slight Blue tint. But over all they are pretty good.. Nothing compared to your swaro's

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-12 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]I used to own the 10x42 Vortex Razors (original style). I loved the view when on a tripod, but I couldn't hold the dang things steady enough just free holding.

I decided that I needed a good 8x instead. So I parted with the Razors and ended up with the Vortex 8x42 Talon HD. Very pleased with them. Glass seems every bit as good as the Razors were, if not a little better. Build is fine, but the Razors had a better feel, and fit and finish. They seem rugged and I can hold them steady enough to view without the tripod.

Overall, I am happy with my Talons and don't see any reason to do anything different for now.

I hope that this helps.

FH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom