Vortex Vipers?

logslinger

Anyone have a set of the 10x42? What do you think about them? I see than they were ranked above the Razors in bino rankings. They said that you would have to go up to $1000 dollar bino's to find better glass.I would like to try a pair but don't want to spend 550 if 850 would get me better quality.

I bought the 10x42 Vipers from Camera Land in 2007 as a demo set and they have been good for me. Decent FOV, easy focus,pretty good focal length, decent caps, and most importantly, clear view. FWIW.

I have been longing to upgrade my optics for several months now. I have compaired nearly every model of optics that I can get my hands on. In my search I have evaluated both the Razor and Viper binos several times. I don't know what it is about the Razor binos that everyone gets so excited about. They are a good apair of optics, much better then my Leupold Casecades that I currently have. I can tell you if I had to choose betwen the Vipers and Razors, the Razors would be sitting at home more offten then the Vipers. The image in the Vipers appears to be a brighter, clearer, and a more natural color then the Razors do.

400bull

The Vortex Viper is a nice glass. I had a 10x42 for a number of years and was never dissatisfied with it. I sold it, not so much because I didn't like it but because 1- I don't use 10x a lot and 2- I got a ZEN ED 2 10x43 that was a better (but bigger too) and I sure didn't need 2 10x binoculars. But if you are of the mind you want a good binocular and are not going to self inflict optics woe upon yourself (don't fuss over the Viper vs whatever else comparisons)the Viper is in truth all of the binocular the vast majority of users need. Vortex backs up their stuff too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom