vote against anti trapping bill

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-11 AT 10:41PM (MST)[p]I did not read this to say "No more Trapping". Am I missing something?

"SB226 Makes it unlawful for a person to trap a fur-bearing mammal within a certain distance of an occupied dwelling under certain circumstances."

I think what he is getting at is if they pass this, where does it stop? It just makes it that much easier to change stuff later down the road, They start with a little and then before you know it, were Utah with a 48 hour check law, then Arizona where you can only use live traps, then several other states. NO TRAPPING .. period

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-11 AT 00:02AM (MST)[p]I am not for or against this, but you bring up a 48 hr check period? Who the hell would skin a stinking azz dog or cat after setting the trap 2 days before?? I have killed dogs one evening, kept them in the truck for a contest and puked just dragging them out of the damn thing:) I hear you on your concerns of where the gov starts and stops.

I think the way they were going with this is to stop trapping. The original proposed wording that I heard was something like making it illegal to trap within one mile of any road or trail!! That is just insane.

cj, trapping laws in nevada are 96 hour checks, and i have never had a dead cat or dog. they are very strong animals. yes i hear ya having them on a contest they do get stinkin. but trapping they are always alive and fresh..

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom