Vote for Rudy Giuliani ??

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
For you gun owners out there (you know who you are)...are you going to be willing to vote for Rudy Giuliani for president if he wins the republican nomination despite his reported anti-second amendment positions. Just plug your nose and pull the lever to try to keep Hillary/Obama out of the presidency? If you also factor in his pro-abortion position, I don't know that I could do it.

Here's hoping that former senator and current "Law and Order" star Fred Thompson decides to get in the race (he is currently considering it). He is well spoken, has a backbone, and is as conservative as they come.

Mark

Dude, the election's a loooooooong way off. . . Giuliani won't make the cut. . . so move on. . .

Maybe yes, maybe no. He currently leads in the poles, although I will admit that does not mean much at this point.

Still an interesting question and nobody is forcing you to answer.

Mark

THE BOTTOM LINE.....RUDY HAS A BIG TIME FOLLOWING BECAUSE OF THE OUTSTANDING JOB HE DID FOLLOWING THE 911 EVENT. IF YOU CAN EXCELL THERE, YOU CAN HANDLE ANY SITUATION. HE ALSO HAS WORLD WIDE APPEAL/ CREATING A HEAVY SUPPORT BASE, NO CANIDATE IS GOING TO BE PERFECT....BUT HE IS STRONG. WITH ALL OF THE "OTHER" CANIDATES THIS ELECTION WILL BE WATERED DOWN. SHOW ME A BETTER CANIDATE, ITS EARLY....BUT MY VOTE MIGHT GO TO RUDY.------YD.

T is right , Giuliani was the only major candidate from either side not invited to the National Fire Fighters convention to speak. because of what they say was his poor handling of 9/11.

The fact he's anti gun is enough to keep me from voting for him in the primary.

OK....WHO'S A BETTER CHOICE.. I'M A RETIRED FIREFIGHTER & A MEMBER THE NFA/CSFA, FIRST TIME I'VE HEARD RUDY DIDN"T DO ANYTHING BUT AN OUTSTANDING JOB AT 911. I WAS AT GROUND ZERO & AT FIRE STATION #10 TWO YEARS AGO, AND NY's FINEST STATED THAT RUDY RESPONED VERY WELL TO A DIFFICULT SITUATION. MAKES ME WONDER ABOUT INFORMATION, OR BETTER STATED "POLITICAL PROPAGANDA". STILL LOOKING FOR A BETTER CHOICE....WHO IS IT T-SHOT???? -----YD.

It's on Firefighting news and in the Wall Street Journal, sounds like they changed their mind and did invite him but they make no bones about it many don't like him.

YD must be the only firefighter in the USA that didn't get the memo from his brothers in the union. NYFD can stand Giuliani....oh he did a pretty good job after 9/11 blah blah blah stop watching Faux News.

Not to mention Rudy thinks gays are actually human! I mean what kind of jerk is that.

Maybe old Rudy can run on the family values ticket. Married 3 times, had his mistress living with him in the Governor's mansion
and his kids have totally distanced themselves from him. I'm sure the all the bible thumping states are going stampede to vote for him.

Then there is that complete scumbag Gingrich who in an interview with James Dobson yesterday freely admitted that while he was trying to roast Clinton over the Lewinsky deal, he was having an affair. Along with 3 other verbose republicans who were so quick to point out how Clinton had dishonored the office. I'm shocked

The one great thing that will be attributed to the Bush legacy will be his utter distruction of the GOP base. Lost the religious right vote, lost fiscal conservatives, and IMHO I think he's also lost the support of most military families.

Rudy won't carry the religious conservative (family values) vote because of his lifestyle with the estrangement of his kids and the messy divorce. The NRA won't support him so he'll lose a lot of gun owners votes. I think McCain will win the Republican vote or the guy that ran his campaign the last time around Chuck Hagel (He's going to announce Monday he's running.) He's a senator from Nebraska whose always on Bush's a$$, one reason I really like him.

Well said, I'd love to see a good republican candidate but Giuliani isn't him. I don't know much about Hagel but he seems good from what I've heard.

T-SHOT, HDUDE,FORTHEWALL.....NONE OF YOU GUYS ANSWERED MY ??? NOW DID YOU..... WHOSE A BETTER CANIDATE. FORTHEWALL I HAVE BEEN IN THE F/F BIZ OF POLITICS, TALKED TO MORE INVOLVED PEOPLE THAN YOU KNOW, HAVE BEEN AROUND THIS USA/AND HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON THE F/F CLIMATE/POLITICS ON THINGS. I THINK THE PROPAGANDA ASPECT IS ALIVE AND WELL WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU. THIS IS WHY I NORMALLY DO NOT DISSCUSS POLITICS ON MM....ITS JUST A WASTE OF TIME. HAPPY HUNTING THOUGH----YD.

Dall we said Hagel, I don't know much about him but he's the only one I haven't ruled out.

YD, I agree with Dude, Hagel is probably the best bet. A fiscal conservative, social moderate, a war veteran, and the first to break ranks to call this war what it is.

Romney is so so, In general I like him except for his homo-phobia. He might be okay, but his religious beliefs will blow him out of the south.

Now I am not discrediting your f/f prowess, just making light of how uninformed you are on this subject.

However, it is a well known fact the f/f in NY feel the old Rudy rushed the clean up efforts at the Towers. That he did not do enough to protect the first responders. By rushing the clean up many bodies would remain unaccounted, including f/f. Evidenced by the newly discovered piles of bones found in the sewar system. Now we have many of the first responders mostly f/f and pd that are falling victim to all sorts of lung related ailments.

Just yesterday the head of FF Union condemned Giuliani's presidential bid. Just google it and read it for yourself. It's not propaganda brother, unlike 020 if I can't prove I won't post it.

I do agree with you YD, politics suck! In the old days these types of subjects would have been taboo here. Instead you and I would talk about kids, where we went fishing last, and little league coaching.

If you felt cheap-shoted I apologize Dall, you seem like a cool guy and you're right I didn't answer your initial question.

There no way in Hades that I will vote for Hillary due to me feeling that she is a outright lying crook. If Obama is anti-gun or tied in to that fiasco, as a member of the black caucas, of promoting Jefferson, to Pelosi for appointment to the homeland security committee, he will get my vote when hades freezes over.
Any GOP candidate that is rated with a "D" or "F" by the NRA, or I feel is a crook, will never get my vote.
If all of the above happens, I will write in "Mickey Mouse", Oops! my mistake, I think Mickey may be anti-gun, I will write in "Yosemite Sam", I known he is pro gun.

RELH

FAIR ENUFF.... I WILL CHECK BACK WITH YOU FELLAS AT ELECTION TIME TO SEE HOW HAGEL/ RUDY FAIRED W/ THE VOTES. THIS SHOULD BE GOOD.---YD.

How about Randy Couture? :)

horsepoop.gif

Do you think gun rights are going to be the main topic in the next election?
NO
The biggest topics will be the War in Irag and illegal's and homeland security.

Well if you're right the republicans are screwed pooches.

As much as I hate to say it in Bush's defense the border is shut down pretty tight, just try to find farm help or any manual laborer's right now . American's are too lazy and the Mexican's can't get here anymore, it's going to be a fun summer I can tell right now.

Rudy cleaned up NYC in what is perhaps standing as the most notable inner city turnaround success - IMHO.

This all pre - 9-11. I think he failed the test of 9-11 terrorism as his city is well known as a terror target and while some 400 firefighters died trying to save others, I feel that was a sad and unneccessary loss.

With his personal life in such disarray I think he is a bad fit to be POTUS.

My vote is for Romney and no I am not Mormon. He has all the skills and a solid life. His term as governor of MA shows he can tame the looney LWL.

From everything I have read and seen about Romney he would have my vote if the election were today. However, like someone said the elections are a long way off and who knows what will happen by then.

I have always thought of elections as kind of like the NFL draft. Do you take the best athlete/player available or do you take the one that fits your current needs? Me........ I have always thought the best athlete/player was the best strategy. That is also why I try to vote for the best quality person available in the elections. As much as W has upset me over his Iraq policies and border (lack of) policies, I still think he was the best available candidate.

Anyone who thinks the border is closing is sadly misinformed. I live in AZ and I see the illegals and they are pouring in like you can't imagine. Those of you who don't live along border states you need to take notice and let your politions know you are deeply concerned. IMO this illegal immigration problem is the biggest thing affecting America as we know it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom