Vote on this poll

Bambistew

Very Active Member
http://www.helenair.com/front

Go toward the bottom on the left is a small box with a yes/no for bison hunt in MT. I found this link on the Democrat underground page. Man that place is full of a bunch of wack jobs... All of them that posted there were totaly against it...

I know it doesn't mean jack, but everything against the hunt hurts the cause...

Just made a YES vote, and before I could close it out I got hit I think with a "cookie" from that website in Helena.

Brian

Boy, sort of thought everyone supported that hunt. Guess Brucelosis isn't as scary as it once was to the ranching community. Of course, most ranchers are republicans, so that would explain why it is on a Democratic site.

Stew,
EXCELLENT post you made on the DU activism forum regarding this issue!
Those people have absoloutley no regard for facts or common logic.
They are our worst nightmare,but I thank you for getting involved on their site,I wish everyone would.
I have been banned,they will "tombstone" you and label you as a disruptor if you go against the grain too much.You aren't allowed to start new threads unless you have quite a number of responses.
They are for the most part a highly educated bunch over there, which makes them even the more frightening.
HH

The part I like is you can't have an oppinion unless its theirs! I guess all democrats have the same view or you're baned on that site. I'm not going to start much crap over there but will try and put some gremilns into some of their simple minded heads. Scary bunch none the less...

Looks like the Yes votes are winning. I voted then had my wife as well. Have to delete your cookies to do this.

How do the two words "Bison" and "hunt" ever go together? Have you ever heard of friend or someone going after bison and not getting one? I think shooting a bison is like shooting an exotic species of cattle or killing a penned elk. No hunting. No risk of being skunked. I think this is how "democrats" view Bison hunts, not as hunting, just killing. Why not have the wildlife agents kill them and distribute the meat to the foodbanks? Then hunters aren't linked with the slaughter.

Hunterofelk... they are killing them right now and either giving them to the native americans or the food bank.

And yes back in the day before they stopped the bison hunt in MT I knew a few people that didn't get a bison...

Now why don't you go back to your PETA board??? And leave the hunting to us big boys...

I lived in MT during the last bison hunt. There was A LOT of bad publicity surrounding the hunt even up there, where, for the most part, the general public supports hunting . I Heard about people all over the country seeing bad news about it and some even saw it on the news outside the country. Its not just the Democrats, but to a lot of red blooded republicans see the MT bison hunt as the slaughter of a National symbol on holy ground (whether just outside the park or standing in the middle of it). If it is an actual hunt or a slaughter doesn't matter much. How it is viewed by the voters of America does matter.
As hunters, we are constantly fighting a battle for our rights. We NEED the general public on our side or the votes are going to more quickly swing in the other direction. We need to pick our battles boys.
Starting this hunt again will stir up a nest of emotions in news. I believe that the reason the hunt was stopped wasn't because there was no longer a need for it, or that brucelosis was erradicated, but because the MT FW&P was tired of fighting all of the media and crap surrounding it.
I would like to someday shoot a Bison, but I am not willing to take the chance of losing my rights to hunt other animals so that I MIGHT someday draw a tag and weave a bullet in between the activists throwing themselves in front of the Bison.

hunterfolk, if you think that's true then you need to apply for the houserock hunt in Az. i've known guys that didn't even see one. probably the roughest hunt in the west. besides, whatever it takes to control the herd and at the same time keep em from becoming extinct is ok as far as i'm concerned. what about hunting over feeders and "foodplots", etc.? you against that? i love to make fun o' guys that hunt from blinds and stuff, but we're all hunters and have to have a little tolerance for each other.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom