VX2 or VX3

WITUfan

I have a new rifle that needs a scope. I have settled on either a Leupold VX2 2-7x or a VX3 2.5-8x. I have had a 2-7x VariX II on my primary hunting rifle for about 15 years. It has worked very well. I know that one of the differences between the VX2 and VX3 line is supposed to be brightness in low light, but with the one I have if it is legal shooting light, I have always been able to see through the scope. Also, I understand the VX2 line is an upgrade from the older ones.

That said, I had almost decided to go with the VX3 to give one a real trial. However, I am a working guy and I have other hunting/fishing/outdoor things I need from a limited budget and I am wondering if it is really worth the extra cost. Right now, at Cabelas, the VX2 can be had for $269 and the VX 3 for $399.

If you have experience with both, please give me some advice here. Should I spend the extra $130 and go with the VX3? Again, I 'm honestly not trying to be cheap. I am simply trying to get the most value for my money.

Thanks for your input!

I would go with the VX-3, they are exceptionally clear and bright, they put upgraded glass in them recently and if you look through one you will be sold.

Thanks for the advice. I am planning to compare the two side by side in the near future. It sounds like the decision will be clear once I do that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom