WA State NASCAR Track - WTH?

T

TFinalshot

For you WA ST guys, help me out with this story.

I just watched a story on Fox entertainment "news," about the NASCAR track proposed for your state. It was the most lopsided story I think i've ever heard, any-place.

1. interviewed only public citizen, anti NASCAR people who think NASCAR stands for southern redneck

2. make it look as though the State and it's legislature is anti NASCAR

3. said NOTHING about the fact that the proposed track (Kitsap County) is in a horrible location with NO way of moving traffic in and out of the track on race days. . .

I know there are always politics when it comes to big money, but this story was terrible for you and your state. It the first I hear of it, but a race track on the Kitsap peninsula, are you guys out of your mind? You cant even get around that place during the summer as it is, let alone when there's 150k people trying to get to a car race.

I dont know how many of you ever have been to a NASCAR race, but there is NO way the location for the track will work without significant improvements to the transportation system. I would not want, if I were in your state, to spend a nickel of public money on that ill conceived location.

Sure, NASCAR is a great sport, sure most of the people in WA, I think like car racing, but why not look at more suitable location?

I used to live in that state and I can imagine what a cluster it would be to have 150,000 people trying to get in and out, in a timely, safe and efficient manner. Your state can not even build an efficient train system for the oly-seattle-bellingham I-5 corridor, and even if it could, no one would ride it!!!!!

So, here's the question, (I dont have a dog in this fight, I just wanted to hear from you guys) do you want a track, and why would anyone support this NASCAR proposal in its Kitsap location?

T-I am not an authority on this subject at all...but i can tell you it is a bigger soap opera waiting to happen than the train thing you're talking about. i believe it's the 2nd attempt at a location. the first one was up by arlington or smokey point or something like that. waiting to see how fast it gets shot down.
isn't everything in this state incredibly lopsided anyway?

Im not a nascar expert by no means but seems to me they would put it over here on the eastside of the state where its warm and sunny and not taking chances of rain on the west side. Here is yakima or moses lake where theres lots of open land would be couple good choices.

My thoughts exactly, but I guess they did the research and likely cant get enough people to drive clear to yakima for a race, so its all about population, but the kitsap area is almost full and land values so high it does not make sence to put more of it under paved roads and sidewalks.

I agree!!! Maybe on I-90 around Moses Lake? Then I'd only have to drive 70 Minutes to get there!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom