WA Turkey Hunting???

MichaelJ

Very Active Member
Hey guys, I was curious if anybody in WA near Wenatchee has hunted turkeys before and would mind helping my buddy and I out. He's leaving for the Marine Core May 1st, and wants to go turkey hunting with myself. Neither of us has been before and I thought some of you may have some tips for us. It's coming up real quick and if any of you have any tips, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Get out and scout around WEnatchee to find where the flocks are. Or head east to the NE corner of the state where there are lots more birds. Buy a couple of turkey calls and find a good set up spot to call them in.

I would head north of Spokane. There are lots of birds.

I hunt a couple farms near Loon Lake and Deer Park. If I get my bird with my kids on the opener I'll see if the landowners will let me take a guest. I would like to give a going away present to a soldier.

Mike...we are in the same boat and are headed to colville area. north of spokane opening weekend. apparently we will not be alone, but lots of birds get killed there every year and there is a fairly good amount of public land. wdfw is talking about overpopulation problems so we'll see.

Hey guys, thanks a ton. I'll talk to my buddy and see if we can make a weekend camping trip out of it! CuttThroat, that'd be great. I don't really care if I get to kill a bird, but I just want a chance to get some hunting done. Does anybody head down to SE WA near WallaWalla? I know there's a lot of birds down there and i might have some land we could hunt.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

I've seen birds in the blues outside of pomeroy but never hunted them. i think the biggest concentration of birds is in the northeast. an issue or 2 ago of fishing and hunting news had all the stats and number of hunters vs. birds killed, etc. i think goldendale area is a good area too.

Hey boy, check your pm.
watermark.php

yotewalk.gif

Eric

Right back at ya Eric. Thanks.

Hey Mike,
CLoser to home, check the Liberty area of HWY 97. Lion Gulch is holding birds and the snow is off and ground is greening up.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the hints/tips including the PM's and Emails (you know who you are). My buddy is heading to Canada this weekend, but after he gets back, I'm pretty sure we'll be scouting the area's mentioned.

MissinMT, hey man thanks a ton for the help, but if you wouldn't mind in the future, go ahead and send that info to me in a PM. More people browse these pages than you know (I know of atleast 15 people in Wenatchee alone that visit here everyday, yet they don't post.). Just a heads up for the future.. Thanks!

Also, when is the best time to use a locator call? I think that would be the most effective scouting tool. Will they work in the evening as well as morning?

i just realized after i posted that that maybe i shouldn't have posted that link. apologize if it was wrong...no harm intended.

For th blues I would hit the toucannon. bring your waders and croos the creek, that will get you into areas other hunters arent willing to go. With the burn last summer I have heard the valley has lots of birds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom