Waders

3x2

I posted this in the hunting gear page but figured I might have better luck here.

Heading to Alaska next year on a moose float trip and looking for waders. It sounds like Simms G4 and G3 are the top of line, do any other brands come anywhere close? How do Simms less expensive options stack up? Thanks for your help.

1697815543857.png

these work well on AK float hunts...LaCrosse 32' hip boots.
Good luck on your adventure...

I've done a couple of float trips and a couple of coastal bear hunts. The first two times I wore waders. For the 2nd two hunts, I wore hip boots for a much more enjoyable experience. Of course, that's just my experience but if I were making another float trip I would probably roll with this combo:

muck artic pro or wetland boot (up to 17" high)
and some wiggys waders strapped to my pack to throw on when needed.

I got slightly more wet but the comfort was well worth that cost in my experience. And on one hunt I got much more wet from the sweat in my waders compared to the small amount that might have gotten in with the 17" boots on.

I've done a couple of float trips and a couple of coastal bear hunts. The first two times I wore waders. For the 2nd two hunts, I wore hip boots for a much more enjoyable experience. Of course, that's just my experience but if I were making another float trip I would probably roll with this combo:

muck artic pro or wetland boot (up to 17" high)
and some wiggys waders strapped to my pack to throw on when needed.

I got slightly more wet but the comfort was well worth that cost in my experience. And on one hunt I got much more wet from the sweat in my waders compared to the small amount that might have gotten in with the 17" boots on.
Thanks, I'll check those out.

If you go with waders, I would maybe just go with something on the cheaper end. I went with the top-of-the-line Simms at the time and it was overkill since you won't be standing in water for long periods of time.

If you go with waders, I would maybe just go with something on the cheaper end. I went with the top-of-the-line Simms at the time and it was overkill since you won't be standing in water for long periods of time.
I'm leaning towards that approach, thanks for the suggestion.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom