Wahoo! got a 30/378

deerhuntr4885

I just bought a Weatherby Accumark 30/378. I bought it used topped with a Leupold 4.5X14. Had only a couple boxes shot through it. It looks brand new. $1495.00! Can't wait to shoot it. (once I can afford to buy a box of ammo. HAHAHA)

Mike Henne

Wear a hearing proctection no matter what, They tend to be a touch loud. IMO you just one of the best rifle around.

Some famous mule deer hunters are using that round. I think that is one rifle type that looking at the used market is a good idea. I think your average person either can't handle the noise with the break or can't handle the gun without it.

My buddy had one, he sold it very soon after shooting it. Very nice shock wave produced as I was on the bench next door to his on several occasions. Only once did I not prepare for that wave.

Funny thing, I think I want one. I guess you can't have enough different guns.

I know...I love my .280 and have killed 21 deer with it but I gotta give this one a try. I had a chance at a 30" two years ago but the closest I could get was 580 yards. He was standiong broadside but was just too far for that gun.

Mike Henne

mark's shooting range is set up not far from my house, i'm impressed with the drop system he uses, but the laser cut turret is much more accurate.

Hows your shoulder?

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

congrats, looks like you got a really good deal on that setup. love those WBYs!!!! Let me know once you shoot it a little bit. I am interested in getting a new weatherby with a little more to it. have a couple, just not sure how much more i would get with it over my 300 wby

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom