Wake up Methods

Buddy

Gentlemen, I have always wondered what some guys use as a wakeup method when camping out. While I use a small alarm I am always worried about oversleeping and waking up when the sun is up (I never do but just worry about it). I have looked for watches with good alarms but have yet to find one. Is anyone aware of any? Thanks,

I use a High Gear Summit, sold at cabelas. Has an alarm, digital compass which works ok but not great. Has a altimiter which works great for me, usually within 30 feet or so if you keep it calibrated. Not hard for me since I do survey type work. Also has weather and a few other features, but for what I want it for it is great. Wakes me up, gives me elevation, tells me what time it is, and serves as a back up compass in a pinch. In my home state hunting areas I dont use a gps since I'm really familiar with the terrain, so this is a great tool since you need a watch and alarm anyways. It compliments my regular compass and map really well.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

being an early bird I have a habit of waking up long before the sun. I haven't used an alarm for years.

After being caught in 2 whiteout blizzards in the last 2 years I purchased a portable weather radio for a little piece of mind.
Check out the Oregon Scientific wr113. Fits in the palm of your hand, runs on 3 AA's or 110 and has an alarm w/snooze. Got mine on sale for $50. Checkem out at
www2.oregonscientific.com

I use the alarm on my Garmin 530 GPS/radio. Set the alarm when I go to bed, shut it off and it turns itself on at the arlam time an wakes me up. No need for a separate alarm device.

Theodore Roosevelt once said, "The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation, INCREASED and NOT IMPAIRED in value."
logo_pub.jpg

I keep a Timex Expedition Indiglo watch with alarm on my wrist all night. No fumbling around to turn off the alarm and its always right there when I wake up in the night.

Oakbuck

I simply use the alarms on my Timex Ironman and my Motorola Two way radio's. If one does not do the trix the other one does.

400bull

I use my cell phone, most have an airplane mode that will allow you to all the functions except calling out or receiving calls. Really saves on the battery life. Been the best thing I've used so far.

I have one of those cheap fold up alarm clocks that has woke me up for years now. Put in a new battery every fall and go to bed with confindence. I have also used my Rino 530 a time or to as well.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

use the indian alarm clock, drink a gallon of water before you go to bed you will wake up early enough to go take a piss.

I just set my cell phone now and it loud.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom