Walki-talkie

nfh

Long Time Member
Any good suggestions on Walki-talkies preferably with a decent headset?

I spent hours through amazon looking them over and 90 percent of them the reviews are not the best.

The use would be just sxs trips in mountain terrain. Our group never gets more than half a mile apart but would like some communication to see why someone stopped.

best reviews i have found is on Midland GXT1050VP4.

open to some ideas or thoughts

Baofeng on Amazon are good. Rocky Talkie are good too, and simple. They just released a new 5 watt model...

I looked at a lot of Baofeng. prices are very cheap so i assumed thats what a guy would get

Baofeng are not very rugged and don't last long. They do sell a ton of them though and have decent range. If you do go that route, upgrade the antenna.

I have the Rocky Talkies and they've worked well. Not as good as the encrypted $$$ ones obviously, but they're alright

I have a few Midland's that are going on 10 years old... still work great. Admittedly they only get used a few times per year scouting and hunting...

Have some Cobras as well, were great too, but one of them stopped holding its charge last year. Disappointing, though they too are about 10 years old.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom