Wall tent Disaster.

Craig

Very Active Member
I had my wall tent set up for elk camp. the night before the season opened a wind storm camp through and nocked over our tent and about six over tents in the area. My tent got three rips in it. One is about three feet long were the tent and sod cloth meet. And there are two other rips that are each about one foot long on the sidewalls.

Has anyone ever had to get their tent repaired. Do they just put a patch over the rip and mend it up. Does it cost much to have the repairs done, any guesses on how much it might cost me to have the repairs done. The tent is a Montana Canvas made from realite material It might cost a lot to send the tent to Montans and then back. Do you think it is ok to have a local company to work on the tent.

The frame is another topic. Some of the poles are bent up pretty good. Can you buy just a couple pieces of a frame or do you need to buy the whole thing

One more question. When we put the tent up we used the same stakes for the tent and the rain fly. We think the rain fly caught the wind and ripped out the stakes that were holding the tent down. Are you suppose to use diffrent stakes for the tent and the rain fly. Any other tips that might help keep this from happening again would be helpfull. This was the first time using the tent and hopefully the last time it blows over..

I don't know a heck of alot about the realite stuff, but any canvas tent can be patched and sewn. Was your frame and internal set up? If so, you can probably match the poles up and cut your own from aluminum conduit. You can buy the angles for the ridge and eaves separately from Cabela's. If you're not too concerned about the tent looks as compared to it's functional duty, I would assume that any tent or awning maker worth his salt could pretty much fix you up. Hope this helps.........

Kirkums(sp) in Salt Lake City, repaired one of mine 6 years back the cost was resonable however mine was canvas.

Any Boat place that makes tarps can fix it they put a patch on it and then sew it back up. I made my frame from fence top rail(chain link) they fit the Montana angles great and easy to replace.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom