Wall Tent heaters

7mmULTRAMAG

Is there a safe wall tent heater that runs on propane and requires no electricity. I amtired of getting up every few hours to put wood in the stove.i would like one t5hat has some kind of thermostat and does not need electricity
Thanks

I use the Mr. Heater, the smaller model. I wish it had a thermostat, but it doesn't. Works well though.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

We use the Mr Heaters also. The kind that mount on a propane tank.
No thermostat but after you use it a bit you will be able to set it when you go to bed and get it right for the weather.
We have a 15x20 by Montana canvas and can usually get by with one heater set on low unless the weather is extreme.
Ed

We have used for years a Propane Convection Heater. You can buy them at Lowes or Home Depot. Get the smallest they offer. We use it to heat a 16x20 Wall Tent with no problems and everybody that has seen it or used it loves the system. You can leave it on low all night if you need it or fire it up and heat that tent up in minutes.They are awesome!
Good Luck,
Bill

I also use the Mr Heater Turn it one right before you wakeup or just before bedtime. I dont think I would trust a thermstat.

Be careful with mr heater . I have seen a tent on fire because of a mr heater. It was put on too big of a tank I believe. A small bbq type is plenty. NO WAY would I have it on while I was asleep.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-10 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]Not what you want to hear but a Riley wood stove will burn 8-9 hours closed down. I get up, open the damper, add a couple pieces of wood, turn on the coffee and jump back in bed(minute tops). When the coffee starts perkin, it's 70+ in the tent in 0 degree weather. Wood heat dries wet clothes better too.

Sounds like your wood stove isnt working properly. I have a Cylinder stove and it will burn 8-9 hours also if loaded and set properly. Have the hot water tank on the side and its great.

Same as the house....wood.
Better heat. For some reason it seems propane heat leaves things damp, wood heat dries them.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

What do you use for carbon Monoxide with the MR Heater. I have a Springbar tent and would be afraid to leave it on at all at night.

respect my authorita

Used wall tents for twenty years and have used nothing but wood burning stoves. We use them for warmth,drying wet cloths and gear and do our cooking on them also. A little pre bed time work/prep and were good to go (split kindling and a small pile of good slit wood and it only takes a minute to stir the coals or squirt alittle carcoal fluid on and light and then back in bed)This only needs to be done once a night and when your getting up in the morning if it is real cold. Like already said a littte coal will burn all night if needed.

I enjoy the flicker of the fire on the wall tent and the occassonal pop of the wood as I fall to sleep!!!

Plus in extreme weather a wood burning stoe can put out enough heat in less then five minutes to be sitting in your tee shirt with the front flap open if needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom