wall tent stove

sigfour

I recently bought a small 10x12 montana canvas tent and was wondering if anyone used a wood burning stove with a tent this small. I have a 16x24 that I use one in but thought with the smaller tent I should just go with my mr heater and not the stove. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Happy hunting !
-Sig

We have the 12 x 20 and use a Mr. Heater. It works just fine, have never had to have it on over low, even in 0 degree weather. Some will worry about CO but the tent has vents and we leave a little gap at the door. Have checked with a CO monitor...not a problem.
Ed

If you ain't the lead dog,
the view never changes

We have used stoves in tents of all sizes (10X12, 12X14, 12X15 & up to the 16X20). Just have to use the stove and wood accordingly and properly (use the damper and air flow).

This is my responce to a different question or stove or propane heaters.

Used wall tents for twenty years and have used nothing but wood burning stoves. We use them for warmth,drying wet cloths and gear and do our cooking on them also. A little pre bed time work/prep and were good to go (split kindling and a small pile of good slit wood and it only takes a minute to stir the coals or squirt alittle carcoal fluid on and light and then back in bed)This only needs to be done once a night and when your getting up in the morning if it is real cold. Like already said a littte coal will burn all night if needed.
I enjoy the flicker of the fire on the wall tent and the occassonal pop of the wood as I fall to sleep!!!

Plus in extreme weather a wood burning stove can put out enough heat in less then five minutes to be sitting in your tee shirt with the front flap open if needed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom