Wall Tent wood stoves

W

weavervillain

We finally purchased a wall tent this year. Originally I was looking at getting a collapsable stove for it, but I've been hearing good things about the cylinder stoves made by summit. It'll mostly be for camping in areas we can drive to, but space is still somewhat of a concern.

Anyways, was hoping to hear from folks who bought a stove they really like, and if there are ones I should stay away from.

Thanks,
Brian

I really like my Cylinder Stove. It is the Outfitter size and now they make an even bigger one. I have 15x21 and wouldn't buy the bigger one if I could. My stove is more than adequate.

Mark

"When there's lead in the air, there's hope."

I have a Davis 14 x 17 wall tent with the Cylinder stove. I think it is the middle size. Its a great stove that is well built.

If you can drive to your setup then scrap the wood burner and go to propane. I have used a convection type heater that you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes for about $100.00. It heats a 16 x 20 Wall Tent in about 2 minutes on high. You don't need the biggest heater either. I have used this set up for 8 years and it is easy and works great! No cutting wood and no getting up in the middle of the night on those really cold nights. You can run for 10 days on 1 RV type tank if you use it a lot.
Good Luck and enjoy!
Bill

cylinders are real nice,until you try a three dog stove,I have owned both,the three dog has the best door in the business and a built in baffle that elimanates the need for a spark arrestor,no hot embers going out your stovepipes. But the best thing is that it makes your wood burn so much more efficently, you can get one load to burn all night,my cylinder never could do that.They come in several sizes. I own a 14 X 16 wilderness wall tent,my three dog heats that tent perfectly,like I said,all night long.They have a web site.

My buddy bought a riley wrangler wood/pellet stove this year. We are going to try it out this week. You can use wood or pellets which I really like the idea of 8+ hrs of heat without stocking and adding more wood plus no sparks flying out with pellets. Worth looking at.

Bgmhiker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom