want to move to boise area

goinhuntn

I am gonna throw this out there. My wife and two kids are looking to relocate to Boise/Meridian this june. Was wondering if anyone could give some info on work out there. I am a general contractor in california ( i know what your gonna say, but i am not a native and I want out of this state asap ).Anyway
we love it out there and any info to get my foot in the door would be great. I specialize in remodeling, framing, tile & stone. Thanks to anyone that can give some info.

All of the GC's i know in that area are twiddling their thumbs, and have been for quite a while. The authorities on Idaho employment that I have spoken with don't predict construction really coming back in the TV until 2020. Good Luck.

DONT DO IT!!! Idaho is fantastic except for trying to survive. Lost our landscape company bout 3 years ago, all of our gcs hit rock bottom. After 13 years I just relocated back to az now as a local flatbed driver and I am amazed at how much construction is going on around here, its still not as much as there should be but I am staying very busy. Just my 2cents. Good luck

Thanks for the info.
Hey huntfish what part of az i am from lake havasu and thought about going back to az, but my bro in law says things r pretty slow in havasu.

Boise and the surrounding areas are a great place to raise a family. Construction brought me here 11 yrs ago, and it was a great ride. The market is very tight, and breaking into the good ole boys club is tough. I put my tools in storage when thing went to heck, and they are still there. My clients are homeowners with plenty of money, and they are still reluctant to spend any money. The market will come back, but it will be another few years, I believe. JMO

boise real estate is real bad. just look at the prices you can buy a home for on the web. Rest of the state I think construction is better but that is the only good size town

Moved back to Glendale. Dreading summer but families got a cabin at Mormon lake so you know were I'm gunna be heading every weekend lol. Amazed how much Phoenix area Tucson and flagstass have grown! Seems like Goodyear, buckeye, the south end areas and Tucson possibly flagstaff are the places where jobsites are. I've been delivering a TON of steal, trench boxes, and other commercial building stuff all over the place. Also forgot to mention, my dad just started his own commercial HVAC company and he's been very busy every day with multiple bids.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom