Was this a screw-up? SFW purchase

U

UThunting

I was at the SFW dinner in sandy saterday night and my wife purchased a caribou hunt in Alaska

We dont know the name of the guide all we know is it will be in August and I need to get to deadhorse Alaska

I want to know is there any good caribou hunting in the Brooks Range area and how do I get to deadhorse from SLC UT

Any help would be great as I am a little upset about this deal but hope it will work out and we have a good time

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Roy UT

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-04 AT 05:50PM (MST)[p]Hey Clint,

I don't know anything about the Caribou hunt, but why didn't you track me down and say hey?

I will ask Troy and Marco about it at our next committee meeting. Are you trying to find out about airfare, what exactly?

Email me. I'm on the SLC committee and will be able to help you out, point you in the right direction, whatever. Or call me.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Brian I would have loved to yak with you but I dont know what you look like and I felt a little lost at the banquet I did not know anyone except Bob Wharff

I am looking for the best price to get me there and any info on the area

I also want to know are we non resident or alien non residents in alaska there are 2 different prices for non resident people and I dont know which one we are LOL

Thanks for any info you can help me with

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Roy Ut

U.S. citizens from states other than Alaska would be non-residents. Non-U.S. citizens would be alien non-residents. It's like a U.S. citizen going to a Canadian province gets hit with alien non-resident status/prices.

Spent six weeks at Prudhoe Bay a few years ago (an Aug - Sept). There where plenty of caribou all over the place, until the frost hit and then the place was empty. Anyway, I would suspect an outfitter would know the migration routes and such. Deadhorse has a commercial airport, so you could fly in from Fairbanks or Anchorage (won't be cheap though). Also there are a couple of hotels in Deadhorse to overnight in, again, a bit pricey. You could drive up the haul road from Fairbanks, but it would add a bunch of time to your trip. I can think of better places to hunt caribou, butif you haven't been to the North Slope, at least you'll be able to mark that off you list.

Clint, I thought I heard your name at the banquet. Myself, Marko or Brian will be happy to get you more details.....keep in touch.

Lisa

I was there with the wife and Bob wharffs family

Are you going to provos banquet tommarow ????

Thanks all I am starting to find out some info about the hunt I will post it soon and see if anyone has hunted there

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Roy Utah

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom