Wasatch Archery Hunter Needs Help!

3hntrs

I'm willing to do the work for a good bull. I'm one of the lucky few that drew the archery bull tag and I need some help. I'm a DIY guy and have harvested 8 branch bulls and would love some help taking advantage of this tag.

I had the tag last year scouting will not do you any good the deer presure and spike hunters will push the elk all over the place. I hunted 17 days did get into elk, but because of the presure they are hard to get on look at the sucess rate of the unit it is the lowest in the state for archery. But if you hunt hard and put in your time you will kill one. I killed with two days left and my friend that drew with me killed that night so it is possible. good luck and dont get down look forward to the last week of the hunt.

AF Canyon? Of all the places to archery elk hunt the wasatch I would probably not go up AF canyon. That is like a pressurized bomb there are so many hunters.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-07 AT 11:59PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-07 AT 11:46?PM (MST)

Where I go I rarely see another hunter. Up AF canyon most are road hunters and spike/cow guys. Very few trophy bull hunters and very few get off into the more remote areas that the canyon offers. Lots of road hunters just like everywhere else in the unit. Just my opinion.

Rammau how about some suggestions where he might go instead? Like the very "unpressurized" strawberry hobble creek areas!!!!

P.S. Hunt during the week-not the weekends

I was actually gonna suggest the place that you go.. I like that area also. Remember when you got hung up on the Barbed fence last year? The elk were running right past you as you tried to get untangled!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom