Wasatch Front 5x5...

Midnight

Cool experience with 5x5 and herd of about 8-10 cows, spike and other satellite bull.

Photo sucks cause it was poor light with iphone. After standing still for nearly 45 minutes to an hour. These elk surrounded me. I was cow calling and they were feeding all around me. The bull was stuck on a cow. He eventually bedded down 40 yards away staring right at me. I just froze.

Later they all moved up the hill away from me. I was hoping for at least a 6x6. So I drew back and let him walk. Hoping his big brother would pop out. This was first hunt day of season, last year I shot on first day of hunting so I wanted to draw it out longer on the Wasatch Front. Can't wait for more. Never had that many vocal calves and cows before. Cool Experience.

Midnight.
57775x5_elk_2010.jpg

42905x5_elk_2010_2.jpg

Ya pm me where you been seeing the elk! I will let the 6x6 go and take a smaller one... Still havent figured out where the bulls are on the any bull area in utah... Except uintas but people dont know how to get out of there vehicles to hunt there. Scare everything! yes I hike a ways out but there are roads everywhere in the uintas! imagine what it would be like without roads!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom