Wasatch Mt. West- Early Archery Season

Sfallon

Got an early season buck archery tag for Aug.21-Sep 17th for Wasatch Mts. West. Seeing a lot of general talk about it being overpopulated (to be expected) and to get to high elevation off of main roads. Those seem obvious points, and unfortunately I won't be able to do any early scouting before so I'm trying to scout all maps online. Looking at Butler Fork into Cottonwood Creek and Gobblers Knob area. Any recommendations about the area in general or tips would be great!

Too many folks out there now to be handing out specifics online. Bow- hunted this unit all of my life. I am 60 and live in the unit.

To add to what you mentioned about getting off of main roads...get away from any and all roads, or even decent trails for your best chances. Used to be you could hike on the trails and find good bucks, not any more you can't.

If it seems reasonable to get to where you are wanting to go...find a new, harder to access area. If you can easily hike there, you are not near the big bucks.

You must go where most others will not for a chance at a good/great buck. They are out there, just not near many people, and there are people anywhere that is even kind of reasonably easily accessible.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom