Washing your Sack!?

cjboz

Very Active Member
Knap sack that is. I just put nights 14 and 15 in a new sleeping bag this weekend. My buddy and I were talking about getting a sleeping bag broke in correctly and if you needed to ever wash it. I also know a guy that put 40 nights in his bag one fall and almost got a divorce when his wife washed it. Lol. What are your opinions?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-11 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]Never_catch, It must be hard to hold it that close to your nose.

>I usually wash my sack when
>it starts to smell funny...
>
>
>~Z~

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Cabela's, Costco or WalMart.

Most sleeping bags will wreck a home version washing machine and even the ones at a laundromat won't do a very good job. Having one dry cleaned is more expensive than buying a new one.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-11 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]Reminds me of the time my wife was watching Rachael Ray and I walked into the living room just as she said "Time to take my nuts out, I can smell em." ...... Terry

I heard Feleno likes to rub his out on his buddys washboard...

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

My wife hangs mine with clothes pins out on the clothes line for all the neighborhood to see sometimes for days at a time. The longer it hangs the more stretched out the sack becomes too so you may wanna tell your wife to use a little TLC while handling it.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

i have to after elk hunting season. after a 17 mile ride out the horse sweat gets on my sack. do a gentle rinse and air dry my sack....

>I simply let mine air out.
>If soiled, I use a
>moist wash cloth.
>
>Eldorado

How are you getting your sack "soiled"??? :)

Traditional >>>------->

I just sit in a bath tub full of water. After a few seconds it floats to the top like an old used wash cloth. I then sprinkle some bath salts on it and wipe it down with bath oil when I'm all done. End result is a nice smell good ol wash rag!

Paul Crawford said " I have the little woman "tea bag" mine. Then I'm good to go."

Small world

[Font][Font color = "green"]Here's my signature. It's green so no one will think I am actually saying something related to this post. [font/]

>I heard Feleno likes to rub
>his out on his buddys
>washboard...
>
>Steve
>Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha
>sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team
>America World Police

LMAO!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom