Washington Bear Hunt

Crunchy

Well fellas I went out on a bear hunt, and could find any sign more recent than 4-5 days old (full of berries). I was curious if anyone in the western Washington side has had any luck. Had a great time though and didnt see not any other hunters. I saw three does and old elk scat. Here is a shot of the view. You just cant be it.

433802b0129f13b5.jpg

Breath taking

Man Crunchy,that is a gorgeous photo....good luck on your hunt....Coop

RE: Breath taking

Coop,

It is beautiful county. Sad part is that most of the backgroud in on a watershed, and you cant hunt it. Get'm next time. Of course its almost time to switch up to deer and elk.

September is the most beautifull month in western Washington.
I have not been back in ten years. I am from Puyallup. PHS 78
Elwood

Yeah, beautiful country you have there....looks like a place a good hound could get treed!
Ike

Yes, you just can't beat this view. By the way I've never had bear meat. How does it taste? Ive heard people say they just make sausage out of the bear? The whole bear? Thought I would ask, just in case I get some trigger time on one...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-05 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]Hey Crunchy,It tastes just like chicken....LOL...Ive had people tell me that they love bear meat,but most will make as much jerky out of it as they can....From my experience,the meat is a little to grainy for me.I did eat some backstraps off of one and thought it was pretty good....Alot of it depends on what the bear has been eating.....I sure like the jerky though....Try some of the steaks off of it and see what you think...Coop

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom