washington draw

I

ihunt32

A friend gust got of the phone with the game department asking when the results will be out. They said there going to have a re-draw because to many mistakes

call 360-902-2200 i just got off the the phone with the game dept not a joke.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-07 AT 06:06PM (MST)[p]Please, please, please say it isn't so! I called Olympia this morning and they said everything but elk was finalized. How can this happen!?

It's true, I just spoke them also. Good news is, maybe now i'll draw a Elk, Moose or Sheep tag. On the other hand i may loose my archery Entiat tag. Good luck to all!!!!

i did not draw anything.it sucks that people seen that they drawn and going to be taken away.

I was drawn for a goat tag. Imagine how happy I'm going to be if it's taken away!! This state has some serious issues. Those of you who religiously apply in other states, do they have problems as well??

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-07 AT 07:28PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-07 AT 07:27?PM (MST)

I really hope it is not true and they get things sorted out. I got elk and it would suck to get that yanked. However, as bad as that is, I can't fathom for one second the thought of having a goat tag and then losing it, what a horiffic nightmare.

I called this morning and they said results should be tommarrow, and I asked, if your app history says "not selected" then are you not selected, and they said probably.They said nothing about a redraw.

I called at 4:45 today they said the vender that draws put up the results before game dept could check it. they also said lots of people were left out the drawings.

I called today and they told me the draw is not final. It sounds like they forgot to apply the correct bonus points.

I got a buddy that is pretty but hurt over the whole thing. He might of drawn a desert deer tag for archery. I told him to not feel so bad. Think of the poor guys that drew the big tags like a goat or moose or even a sheep tag. I didn't draw a thing, but I still don't want to see a redraw just for that reason.

Kris

IF they left people out then they should redraw to make it fair, otherwise all those who were left out should get more bonus points for future years. Those people paid their application fee and should have had their name in the hat.

My partner and I drew Moose permits. Now they may take them back. I called and they said everyone was in the draw but no preference points were considered and we have max points of 11 going in. I was also told that they were going to redraw everything. I highly recommend to everyone that drew to print out a hard copy of their History for your records. Everyone needs to call in a complaint to 360-902-2453 or email to [email protected] They also drew the spring bear without points and didn't redraw!

I had to call and hear it for myself. The gal I talked to this morning told me the results we see on the Great Lodge application history site are subject to change. Those results are from a preliminary drawing they did to test the system. They are in the process of doing the real drawing now and I should call back in a few days and they should have more information.

Don't shoot the messenger!

-Lowedog

i got the same info like Lowedog got. It does suck for guys that checked the "back door way" and drew. But there is two sides to it, there are a lot of variables that go into that draw especially with our crazy disfunctional state. I have just come to wait till that baby is in my hand until i believe it or not. I hope they make it right for the guys that drew and also for the guys that didnt. and we can hope and pray that for next year this doesnt happen. again!!

best of luck

If they truly didnt use bonus points then there needs to be a redraw, i have 10 deer points and deserve a fair chance, and also alot of points on all the other speceices.

I agree that they need to make it fair for everyone. They just need to get it straight before posting on the internet. This is a first for states posting preliminary results that mean nothing! Leave it to WA.

Like others have said, someone found a "back door" in, that back door has never been used to see if we were selected. Its always been by mail, email or this link http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/shp_tmp/permit.cgi I didnt put any weight on that site, i was waiting till i actually got an email from game department saying yes or no.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-07 AT 11:17AM (MST)[p]I quess this is why they have Official and Unofficial results!!! Leave it to Washington to drag this out UNTILL HUNTING SEASON!!! Unreal but again if you paid your application money it needs to be a fair and correct system!!! Good Luck AGAIN ALL!!!

Bonus points don't mean jack s$*% in WA. You can draw the hardest tag in the state on your fourth choice with no points. However, if people were left out of the draw then there should be a redraw....and as far as their response that the first draw was only a test, that is a bunch of crap. I called twice and the first time they said they were finalizing the draw and the second that they only had elk to finalize and the results would be up in a "couple of hours".

looks like the re-draw is under way...now says draw not run yet after all my choices.

Latest News: NOTICE: Due to technical difficulties, 2007 special hunt draw results are not available at this time

The new message now is:
You do not currently hold any special hunt applications. Please go to http://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/ to purchase special hunt applications. If you purchased your application at a retail license dealer, there will be a one-day delay due to data transfer before you can submit.

NOTICE: Special hunt drawings are still in testing. Results are not official until validated.

According to WDFW I never even applied, two days ago I drew both deer and elk. I called them this morning and got a bunch of smoke blown up my a$$. I know there will be a re-draw in which I may lose both permits I drew(there was no test, that was a bunch of B.S.). Can we get a new vendor to perform these drawings? Every year it's the same SH!t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Un-fuggin'-belivable!! Not really!!

"I want to be 'littlefoot' when I grow up!"

This vendor does drawings for montana and idaho also and ive never had a problem with my montana drawings and i havent heard people complain about idaho drawings so maybe the problem is with our game department.

It's not just those two kirk.....I've never heard of any problems, especially of this calibur, EVERY year, from ANY other state. I'm pretty sure some of those states have a lot more complicated drawing systems than ours.

"I want to be 'littlefoot' when I grow up!"

I knew they did more but i was just familiar with those two and never here of problems plust the other states like you mentioned.

Official Game department statement

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/advisory_18jul07.htm

The results of the drawing for 2007 special hunting permits are not available at this time, due to technical difficulties with the Department of Fish and Wildlife?s (WDFW) computerized licensing system.

WDFW will post the results on this website and contact successful applicants as soon as the drawing is completed and the results are verified.

A test drawing, conducted July 14, was never verified, because WDFW found that its licensing system failed to include bonus points for many applicants. WDFW is working with Outdoor Central, its licensing system vendor, to correct that problem before conducting a final drawing.

?Fairness is the key issue here,? said Larry Peck, WDFW deputy director. ?We need to make sure everyone gets all the bonus points coming to them. This is a two-step process: The drawing is not official until the results have been verified.?

Once that occurs, the department will immediately phone about 320 applicants for special hunts beginning Aug. 1 with the results, Peck said. Other applicants will be notified by mail, as described in WDFW?s Big Game Hunting Rules pamphlet.

It's going to be pretty tough to swallow if I lose my "phantom" goat tag. Only a small percentage of people will ever get drawn for it and to lose mine in a so-called practice run will hurt! I'd have to agree it's a state issue if other states use the same vendor without problems, especially of this magnitude. Maybe we weren't supposed to see the "results" yet, but we did! I can't imagine printing off a copy will do anything, you can't now, it's been erased, because they're going to do and say what they want. I'm hoping after they straighten it out I will still be selected. There's not much else I can do but hope!! It would be nice if the game department would step up after it's all over and make a public statement explaining exactly what happened. What are the chances of that?

slim to none.....I'm not buying the "test run" story either....there's no way it is right to redraw if it's over points in a state where points don't mean squat. If this was Oregon, Utah or Wyoming ok, but when the draw is similar to the Lottery it is not right, especially to those who drew goat/sheep/moose.

sounds like a redraw and hopefully everything will turn out correct this time. I am sure we werent suppose to be able to see selected or not selected on the other site. And if what they are saying about none of the bonus points were in the mix, then its only fair to have a full correct redraw. I just wish they would get it right the first time. But good luck to everyone with the draw.

Best Wishes

Garrett

lets fase it for all of those who drew frist drawing you are about to be fu#%! by washington fish@game!!

The only thing they can do is re-draw if the bonus points were not added to some applicants. That is the fair thing to do. Guys who have been applying for the tough to draw hunts for years deserve to have a better shot at drawing. That is what keeps us applying year after year. The WDFW never verified those results for a reason, and nobody was told by them that they had drawn anything. I agree they should have had their act together at this point but they didn't and they are doing the right thing now.

I understand the frustration for those who thought they had a tag but fair is fair.

-Lowedog

The whole thing is a real mess up by the State and someone has to step up to the plate and let them know just how important the draws are. We will never get an honest answer no matter what! If they would have found the problem last Fri when the drawing was conducted and cleared everything that was posted online then; No instead we wait a week until every found out results. Just fess up from the get Go and admit to $#@!@$% up. Honesty goes a long way! Why was this method of finding out results this year a preliminary when last years was a final draw? The system was accurate for the 2006 draw results? I also have hard copies of last year results. They really screwed up!!!

Tonight I went to the WDFW site to see if my "selected" deer tag was still in the history. I Did not get the history, I got the options to submit for 2007 Deer and Elk special permits. I hope they have everyones choices figuered out before they redraw. I will be calling in the mornin to make sure they still have my choices in the system.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom