Washington gun laws

runamuk

Very Active Member
Lots of conflicting info on the net about Washington gun laws.

I have an enhanced cc permit issued in Idaho, am I good to have a loaded pistol inside my vehicle in Washinton state?

Is there a limit on mag capacity?

I have found both yes and no answers to both questions.

Any Insite is much appreciated.

Mag capacity limit of ten rounds. Can not have a magazine that holds more than 10. I think residents have been grandfather in for the larger capacity mags if owned before the ban, Not sure about Non residents.

Not sure if your ccp transfers but in general washington is an open carry state...all of this junk is pretty confusing...you gotta do lots of googling and then your still never sure :(

Not sure if your ccp transfers but in general washington is an open carry state...all of this junk is pretty confusing...you gotta do lots of googling and then your still never sure :(
Ain't that the truth!

Think I found the answer to can I carry.....
("Washington will only accept enhanced permits from Idaho and South Dakota.")

I never did find the answer to mag capacity looks like tlake covered that..
Many thanks to both of ya.

Last edited:
also make sure if you hunt with anything that is on a AR platform you will get in trouble. anyone brining a AR from out of state will be in trouble. Bringing in a gun from out of state after the last ban will get you in hot water with the law.

As a non resident you're not bound by most of the possession laws. You are bound by concealed carry laws. Possession laws(i.e having a large capacity mag) are generally unenforceable against non residents, so long as you're not trying to sell or transfer it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom