Washington hunt of a lifetime

Craig

Very Active Member
Does anyone else beside me put in for the Rainier timber Company bull elk and Blacktail raffle hunts. Have you seen the size of the bull elk they take out of there on these hunts. And it's 100 % success rate and they take some big blacktails to 87% success during the rut. Not bad hunting for $15. Plus if you draw it does not count as for your Washington bag limit so you can hunt your reguler season to. It would be fun if I drew a tag.

I put in for that every year. It is a lot like playing the lottery. You can't win if you don't buy a ticket.
Does someone from Rainer give tips on the local to find the elk once your in?
Can you imagine drawing that raffle hunt and the early season Naches permit? Or the east side elk raffle?

I've applied for the Rainier Timber Co. & Merrill Ring (Pysht Tree Farm)elk tags in the past. I noticed this year they are each offering 1 elk tag through the Permit Drawing with the Dept of Wildlife. If you want to save a few $, the permit application is only $5.00. The lottery applications are $15.00 & $25.00 respectively.

I like applying for the Pysht Tree farm because I think the chance of drawing is better. I don't know how many lottery tickets are actually sold for the Rainier Timber Co. but they are capped at 3,600. Last year I went a little nuts & bought 6 tickets for the Pysht Tree Farm but no luck. I'm going to cut back this year & only do 1 chance each.

The Rainier Timber Co used to be Kapowsin Tree Farm(and maybe another name I can't remember right now). It is divided into 3 areas. None of which is near the town of Rainier. They are closer to Orting & Buckley.

Craig:

I put in for the rainier elk and deer at 1 ticket apiece. My friend who is a bio with the dept flew it 3 months ago. He said the bull/cow ratio was high and there was alot of branch bulls.
I hope to draw one someday. My buddy drew the Little Naches early tag last year. He came out with a 335 gross, 305 net bull.

I put in every year for a bull permit. One of these days i hope to get it. I was talking to one of the head dudes for Rainier Timber Co. who said that the number of huge bulls is getting better every year.

Bird-01.gif
075313.gif

Eric

EM101:

You can apply without having a license, but if you get drawn, you would have to buy a out of state tag for elk which would set you back 394 bones. I can tell ya right now after seeing the hogs they took out of there last year, I would pay that in a second. The hunt is on private timberland up against the Mt
Rainier Park, and the season is Sep 17 thru Oct 3. 100% sucess
last year with 6 tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom