Watch Out for Snakes!!

BGbasbhat

Very Active Member
Was shooting at the same field I shot at all summer (though now it's not 115 when I go), and never had an issue.

Was about 2 shots into my set and felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Something was wrong...wasn't sure what at the exact moment, but started looking around and boom..

This fat bastard was about 2 yards behind me. I unleashed a few expletives, to which he coiled up and started to act pissed. Come on man, you came up on me!

Anyway, he wasn't interested in moving or sharing my makeshift shooting range, so I let him have it.

FYI, my 30 yard pin is also my 3 yard pin. Haha.

Be careful down here! They're out this time of year!

104851018191642.jpg

120731018191653.jpg

98786smallerscreenshot001.jpg

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

You be surprised ,I have found em out year roundin my 42 years of living here . Anywhere ,anytime. When in winter and cod they don't move much but Iv'e climbed up on Boulders to Glass and got the ##### scared out of me face to face more than once. They just don't move much in the cold. ,,,,BULL

Yeah, knock on wood, i'm surprised I haven't seen more out hunting where I do.

I should've skinned him and taken the meat too, but those damn things keep squirming for hours after you kill them. That just weirds me out. Bleh.

I went back to shoot last night, and a coyote got to him a bit over the weekend. He was about 4 feet long, and was a western diamondback, not a mojave. Big boy, that's for sure.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

LAST EDITED ON Oct-22-19 AT 09:54AM (MST)[p]We refer to those as coon tailed rattlers. Good shot BG! I've seem them coiled up in bushes and buzzing like hell when you approach. Had a friend get bit by one and had trouble with his leg for years after so avoidance or the death ray approach seems prudent. Glad it was him not you......It's really unbelievable how they open their jaws enough to swallow us whole after they strike.....:^)

Great shot man, as a fellow archer shooting one through the head like that is appreciated. Nice one to, glad you got him before he got you.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom