Watch today's Wildlife Board meeting

Wade Heaton is my hero. He is addressing all of the concerns I had with the statewide plan and is doing an excellent job.

Thank goodness he's there.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-19 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]Thanks Amy

Can you please post up on this site,the letter to the board that was placed in the record, and authored by ex DWR biologist Josh Polick.

Thanks again

Basically they're Saying they Can & Will Take Your Points away from you!

Try Taking My F'N Elk Points away from me!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-19 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-19 AT 10:21?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-19 AT 09:44?PM (MST)

I don't know if there was something wrong with the video or if I misunderstood the vote on the mule deer plan. Did they vote to keep it 5 years or did they approve the 7 year?
Also
Did they approve the late muzzy hunts as HAMS or not?
I would have like to hear the clarification on some of these votes.
I liked what Todd Black had to say.

Why am I not surprised to hear that a previous director stated ?whatever decisions you make, whatever you do, make sure it is revenue neutral?
(Richard : 2 hr 38 minutes 20 sec)

Convince me it's not just about the money. Convince me that the wildlife are put first.....
I'll wait!

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

All This Hype on Worrying About CWD Infected Sculls being brought in to TARDville!

FYI!

CWD is Here!

It's Been Here!

And it's getting Worse!

I Agree,Protect Our Herds to the Maximum,but CWD is already here!

My good friends boy killed his first buck in 2011, it had CWD... I'll find the pictures and post them up...

It was a Manti unit buck BTW...

As I understood it, the motion was to accept the 7-year plan and it passed. And, the late muzzy hunts were not changed to HAMS.

I agree. We know CWD is spread through contact. In my opinion, if they were serious about curtailing the spread of CWD, a ban on baiting/mineral stations would be implemented. Colby stated shooting older age class bucks that travel more would help. That's and easy way out and we know from other state initiatives it will have substantially less impact vs eliminating direct contact points.

A positive side effect to a baiting ban would be the animal feed patterns returning to normal. A negative would be a harder time for some to make a "hit list"

>My good friends boy killed his
>first buck in 2011, it
>had CWD... I'll find the
>pictures and post them up...
>
>
>It was a Manti unit buck
>BTW...

Was he hunting over bait?

I did not understand either if they changed the plan from 7 to 5. It was the southern RAC that wanted it changed to 5.

It sounded as if there may be some second guessing about the numbers this plan is based on. The subject was lightly touched on in a none direct manor.

Curious to see what was said in that letter to the board by the ex biologist Josh Polick.

>I did not understand either if
>they changed the plan from
>7 to 5. It was
>the southern RAC that wanted
>it changed to 5.
>
>It sounded as if there may
>be some second guessing about
>the numbers this plan is
>based on. The subject was
>lightly touched on in a
>none direct manor.
>
>Curious to see what was said
>in that letter to the
>board by the ex biologist
>Josh Polick.

Per the latest DWR news release, it's a 5 year plan!
https://wildlife.utah.gov/news/utah-wildlife-news/818-deer-management-plan-hunt-drawing.html

Before Our Points System was Set Up I Said it wouldn't work!

They Told Me/Us it would work!

I Said No,You'll Think it's working for a few Years!

Well here the Hell We are!

How You like it now?

So If You have Deer Preference Points?

And You Buy an Over The Counter Elk Tag!

Do You Lose Your Preference Points?

REDDOG Won't Like the New Rule that says He Can't Turn His Tag back in the Night Before Season starts without Losing His Points!

>No. Preference points are species specific.
>

So?

What they're Saying is:

If You Buy a Leftover Deer Tag You'll Lose your Preference Points?

So if you have elk preference points and you buy a over the counter elk tag do you lose your elk points???

I don't believe so. I think it's also gender specific. The only preference points for elk are for antlerless. All of the questions and debate they had during the meeting were about antlerless elk tags only.

Nothing about OTC elk tags came up.

IF you pick up a leftover cow tag then you lose your cow elk preference points. but not if you get a anybull or spike tag.

If you pick up a deer tag on the leftover list you lose all your general season deer points. So all the guys that buy them leftover box elder archery tags so they can hunt the extended hunt will lose any points they have accumulated.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom