Water Catchments Gila Mntns

HikeHunt61

Very Active Member
Does anyone know if there are trick tanks/water catchments in the Gilas (particularly Unit 16)? If so, is there a published map or data source showing their locations? AZ G&F has one for most of AZ which is 80% or so correct. Not sure if NM does.

Best thing to do is what I am doing now in a Gila unit for elk, spend a few hours on ONX, Basemaps or whatever and mark them up, this year unless it does not monsoon at all most will/should have water. Zoom in you can see which have water on the map. I leave standing visable water as blue and the dry ones or questionable springs light blue.

Ya, I will be spending a few days marking tanks everywhere I can find them. Every time I get a new place to go, I get to spend hours doing research before going!

Some of the catchments are hard to spot, so it's nice when there is something pointing you to them.

Thanks guys.

Ya, I will be spending a few days marking tanks everywhere I can find them. Every time I get a new place to go, I get to spend hours doing research before going!

Some of the catchments are hard to spot, so it's nice when there is something pointing you to them.

Thanks guys.
The only problem with maps pointing to those harder to find ones means anyone can find them. ? When you find one, you know it’ll be good.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom