Waterfall pedestal mount

GotBowAz

Very Active Member
Im looking for information on water around or near a mount. In this case an Elk mount. I have a really fantastic idea for a pedestal mount and using a artificial rock self contained waterfall. For you in the know what is your opinion or concerns with this? Thanks in advance.

GBA

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-10 AT 07:24AM (MST)[p]I'm no expert at all in taxidermy. Saying that I try to keep the moisture in my trophy room at a reasonable level too many bad things happen when water is introduced such as fungus and different type of larvae and bugs attracted to the water. Like I said most people on here know more than me but I would say be very careful with humidity, bugs, and fungus. Your mounts are quite expensive I'm sure I would check with someone who knows a lot about that before going to far. Best of luck and post pictures if it is possible when you get it done.

Thanks corn husker, those were my thoughts also but it's my wife that has the interest with the real water, my fears are the same as yours. I am going to order and play with the fake water. I see where in some duck scenes they have the water splashing. It really looks cool and the duck is taking off in flight. The fake water with a clear dowel in it holds the mount. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know. I will post once it's completed. I may just post a work in progress as I go. Thanks!

GBA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom