We drew, but email process is off

huntjock

The "Keep a lookout - draw results coming soon" email I got from wgfd on 6/15 (Tues) said "You will receive an email with a direct link to your individualized draw results on the morning of June 17. If you used this email address for multiple hunters, you will receive multiple messages."

Got nothing on 6/17, so I figured we were unsuccessful as a group for antelope 100-1 (I do use the same email for multiple (5) hunters.) Figured I'd just tag along with a buddy on his Utah elk (expo tag) hunt and my uncle on his Wasatch moose hunt and call it good.

Today I got an email with a charge of $25. No link in it. Just a single email. Figured it was for 2 conservation stamps charged in error, so I checked junk email and trash - no other emails from wgfd.

Decided I'd better go directly to https://gfdrawresults.wyo.gov and login. There it shows that we are successful in the draw, which is nice to know.

Did not get the SUCCESS email for me OR my son. So, the email process has some fine tuning.

fyi, we drew as a group with my 8 and my son's 9 points. Sure wish Colorado would step up and do it right like Wyoming.

I got the email but my grandson didn’t and we use the same email. But we both got an email for the conservation stamp charge

I had a similar experience. Me and my son applied separately but with the same email. We never received an email with his results.

Like mentioned above. First World Problems.

Did you have the box checked to receive emails from G&F? If that's unchecked you don't get the email is my understanding. I could be mistaken though
Well, that must have why I didn't get the SUCCESS email(s). I suppose that the billing email for the conservation stamp goes out regardless of whether you checked an email box or not.

Yep - because of me (Thanks, SS!). Not surprising. But not upset one iota. Just an observation of things - and now everyone knows that things are working perfectly!

Signed up for email (Thanks WapitiBob)

2nd choice deer for PleaseDeer? Do you keep your points? I know you're a Region G guy - if I'm still around for 2022 hunts that's what I'm doing...and elk

I drew a type 1 elk tag and just was charged with a conservation stamp and archery stamp $72. I do not remember informing them
in any way that I wanted a archery stamp. Do they automatically
charge you for one or am I forgetting checking a box or something? No problem because I do indeed plan on archery hunting and will need one but would be a little upset if I did
not plan on archery hunting.

Oh C'monMan!! you want eggs in your beer???Like my wife tells me...read the Destruction Manual....it helps in your situation...HEHEHE

Thanks Bob but just to be clear I am a NR and received my license
awhile ago. I did not try to purchase any stamps or archery permit since my application, so I was just wondering if there was a box
to check when I applied for the archery permit that I don't remember. Need it anyway but was just curious.

Wow is right, it is no big deal. I received my credit card bill
yesterday and had a 84.50 charge. I knew about the conservation
stamp but was a bit confused about the archery permit as I do
not remember requesting one throughout the application
process. I then came across this thread and thought I would
ask out of curiosity as well as for future WY draws. When I have
time tonight I will look it up.

Some of you guys really take yourself to serious.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom