We want to rent horses or mules

H

huntnut111

4 responsible and experienced hunters would like to rent a few horses or pack mules to take into the pasayten wilderness in Washington State for a few days a year; will pay top dollar and if the owner would like to come along with us on the hunt that would be perfect.

Huntnut 111;

Just some friendly advice to prevent problems that I encountered while renting horses for a WY. elk hunt. Be sure to tell the horse owner if you have anyone that is not a experienced rider and work out the details before you put any money down.
We rented from a husband-wife team and the husband also worked as a part time guide. Needless to say, when our hunt came up, the husband was hired on as a horse wrangler and took his first string horses with him and we got the second string. This we found out the day we picked up the horse string. several of the horses were damn knotheads and one horse was a damn kicker that nearly connected with my leg. Everytime a person or another horse got close to his rear, he would kick. I came close to putting a 45 round in his head, except I would have to pay the owner 2,000 bucks for his damn carcass. we were not told about this, and had to find out ourselfs on the hunt.
When we got back, the horse owners wife failed to meet us and pick up the horses at the forest center corral, as was agreed. She had to go to town and get her hair fixed or some other lame excuse. After waiting over an hour, we were damn tired form the long ride, I called her and told her that we were leaving the horses in the corral and would not be responsible if they got out or were injured while waiting for her, since she failed to meet us as agreed prior to us taking the horses.
so be careful, because most will require an agreement that makes you responsible if a horse is lost or injured and you need to protect your interest as well as the horse renter will be protecting his animals.

RELH

YA

I RENTED 4 WIFE'S JUST ONCE!!!

I'M TELLING YOU I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE!!!

I THINK I GOT THE 2ND STRING,MAYBE THE 3RD???

I KNOW GUIDES THAT WOULD RENT THEIR WIFE CHEAPER AND BEFORE THEY'LL RENT THEIR BEST HORSES!!!

THE BAD PART IS,SOME OF EM JUST DON'T CARE WHAT THEY'LL THROW YOU ON!!!

IF YOUR GONNA PAY TOP DOLLAR,I'D CHECK TO SEE IF THEY ARE PACKING LIABILITY INSURANCE!!!

GOOD LUCK ON FINDING SOME HORSES AND THE HUNT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING ABOUT GOOD RODEO'S WITH RENTED HORSES!!!

Have you talked to Early winters outfitters. They are out of Winthrop and do a lot of pack trips and drop camps up into the Pasayten Wilderness. They might be able to help or know were you can get some mules or horses.

It might be cheaper to just use them to take you in and drop you off someplace. They charge $600 a person to be packed onto the Pasayten.

good luck with your hunt. Hope you find someone that can help.

"THE ONLY bobcat THINKING ABOUT GOOD RODEO'S WITH RENTED HORSES!!"
Bobcat, that has to be the funniest closing statement you have ever come up with. I laughed for a good five minutes straight.

AZbowhntr

YOU MIGHT THINK IT'S FUNNY!!!

BUT IT'S DAMN SURE TRUE!!!

I KNOW OF FEW GUY'S THAT WERE INVOLVED IN THE RENTED RODEO SCENE AND THE OUTCOME WASN'T GOOD!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom