Wear. Blaze. Orange. Period.

twsnow18

The spot that I shot my buck last year burned so I ventured out to another close to town general unit. Not a honey hole or anything, saw a few people this last weekend but the area seemed like it could handle a decent amount of pressure unlike much of unit 39.

Saturday morning we were hiking in to our glassing point and about 30 minutes before light we lit up some eyes in the timber with our hand lamps so we stayed put. We were kicking up does left and right so we waited for shooting light. Once it was light enough to shoot we slowly worked our way down this ridge to get to our initial destination.

A short time later I hear, crunch, crunch, up and behind us. I figured another doe so I turned around to look for antlers, I see another hunter about 150 yards above and directly behind us that was working his way down toward us. So of course, curiously I take a look through my binos to see myself being lined up in the dumb f*ck's scope.

What do you know, a redneck wearing coveralls with no binoculars, no backpack or anything besides his rifle and probably a knife. I ran quickly to my left behind a large tree hollering don't shoot, don't shoot, along with some other nice words I had for him. I have no one to blame except for myself because I should have been wearing some brighter colors, no doubt about it. But by god, please, please, check your target before you ever raise your rifle. Unfortunately, most of us on the site use common sense and this is just a reminder but the redneck's that probably don't have computers will not see this.

Lesson learned, I'm investing in a serious amount of blaze orange before my elk hunt. The good news is I killed my 3rd deer, 2nd buck, the next morning.
3532541139_3361747662380_1975308894_n.jpg

He is a funky 4x2, just shy of 26" wide, believe it or not haha. The 4th point on the left is difficult to see and the fork on the right is ridiculously deep but I'm definitely proud of him.
460536606_3361747302371_1435393019_n.jpg

My hunting partner tore something in is shoulders from a bike wreck a few weeks before the hunt so I was basically the sole pack animal. We de boned him and put almost all of the meat in my pack. We worked our way one mile slowly back to the mountain bikes at the closed logging road. From there we draped our packs over one of the bikes and tag teamed pushing the bike the 3 miles back to the truck. The load was about 150 pounds with the meat/all gear and the bike was insanely efficient for us.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/4942545496_3361751462475_434132225_n.jp
Overall it was a really fun hunt/weekend. We saw about 40-50 deer between the 2 days. 10 of which were bucks. We blew a stalk on a really really nice heavy 3 point right after the redneck almost succeeded with his stalk on me Saturday morning. Most of the bucks we saw were forkies/spikes and there seemed to definitely be a gap in the age structure of the bucks we saw between the forkies and old bucks. We saw lots of fawns and twins, no barren does and the deer all looked to be in excellent shape.

Nice buck! What a weird looking rack :)

Quite the load on that bike, that must have been fun!

Congrats!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-12 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-12 AT 08:49?AM (MST)

if you wear coveralls your a redneck i guess. i guess only real hunters wear under armour, eberlestock kiddie back packs, and swarovski binos and duck behind trees when hunters aproach and scream like a banshee in terror. if i had a dollar for everytime i have been glassed through a scope i could buy lunch for a week. is it right no. but it happens. nice buck however.

Great job man. Awesome buck and great plan with the bikes. I phone completely died this weekend so I sent you a PM.

I didn't see a bunch of holes in that hide.........

Sorry that I'm not sorry that your handle is Cletus and that it was probably you in those coveralls Saturday morning.

haha awsome buck man, unfortunately the world is full of dip $hits. people like that dont belong in the woods, and chances are it WAS cletus or at least one of his kin

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-12
>AT 08:49?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-12
>AT 08:49?AM (MST)

>
> if you wear coveralls your
>a redneck i guess. i
>guess only real hunters wear
>under armour, eberlestock kiddie back
>packs, and swarovski binos and
>duck behind trees when hunters
>aproach and scream like a
>banshee in terror. if i
>had a dollar for everytime
>i have been glassed through
>a scope i could buy
>lunch for a week. is
>it right no. but it
>happens. nice buck however.

Doesn't surprise me it took you three tries to get that out.

Cool Buck.

Nice buck : ) i like the funny fork! And by the way, i wear suspenders AND coveralls sometimes, so does that make me a super redneck or something?

>Nice buck : ) i like
>the funny fork! And by
>the way, i wear suspenders
>AND coveralls sometimes, so does
>that make me a super
>redneck or something?

Do you wear them to weddings? Do you use your rifle scope as binoculars? Do you prefer to drag a deer whole a few miles instead of quartering in the field? If so you might be a redneck..........

hey hey, i didn't say suspenders. those are coming back in style. but i know you own binoculars michael, so your good.

Amazes the hell outta me the amount of people that "scope" other hunters while hunting. Crazy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom