Weather proof camera??

hubba_3

So my brother has a Canon 100 HS that has a screen that stopped working about 2 weeks ago. The camera works fine but the screen is black and you can't see anything.

I have a Canon 110 HS and the screen stopped working too. Camera is fine but screen is black. We've both used them quite a bit out hunting for pictures and digiscoping. There are no visual signs of wear or cracks on the screens...

Anyways, I'm pretty much sick of it. Are there any point & cameras out there that are pretty weather resistant? That I won't have to worry about if it gets a little damp....???

olumpius tough cameras are bullet proof! Waterproof, dust proof and shock proof. I was hell on cannons, been through three before I got a tough and I've had it for four years now.

man those look pretty sweet... hows the video and picture quality on them compared to Canons? I loved the quality the Canons have, just not very durable...

I second the olympus cameras. I have a small one that I carry for pics after a kill, around camp, sceanry etc... and it is nice. Don't have to worry about it cause like stated they are waterproof, shock proof etc... It is really light weight and small with decent picture quality.

The one negative about it is that mine takes a special battery. I have a spare but don't like that cause all of my other equipment uses AA, so I can carry fewer batteries. When I buy another camera it will use AA's too. Not a huge deal on batteries hunting locally but for trips up to AK or something similar it is especially convienient to have all your equipment using the same batteries...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

The video is ok with the one I have but it's one of the first ones they came out with tho. The rechargeable battery is an issue but it's not that big of an issue the cannons I had were rechargeable too. Hopefully they have one that is AA by now.

I have a Pentax WG-1 that is tough. I've hunted with it the last 2 years with no problems. I dropped it in 20' of water at lake Powell and it stayed on the bottom for about an hour until I was able to retrieve it. Still works perfect. Takes good pictures (14 mega pixel) and good video.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom