Weatherby Sub-M.O.A.?

muleymaniac81

I'm in the planning stages for a new rifle. I've searched all the manufacturers websites and I'm thinking the Sub MOA looks like what I want. Has anyone tried one? What are your experiences with this particular model, or Weatherby in general? For a handloader, would you suggest the .257 Wby Mag over a .25-06? I already have dies for the 06. Thanks for your help,
Mitch

My brother has a 300wby in the sub MOA and its a tack driver. I dont think you will regret it. I also like the BC stock they come with. We did skim bed his and install a timney trigger. Shoots very good. As far as the 25-06vs257wby thats a toss up. For me the 257wby really shines with a 26" barrel but I think the sub MOA is only 24" Good luck and good shooting.

If you are talking about the Weatherby Vanguard that uses the Howa 1500 action, it is a very good one and very good value for your dollar. I used the Howa 1500 action to build custom rifles and found that their machining tolerances were very good. One reason they are noted for accuracy as they apply those same tight tolerances to their barrel making.

As for the caliber, I am a long time 25-06 caliber user and love that caliber. But choosing between the 25-06 and 257 Weatherby is a personal choice. The 257 Weatherby is a overbore and like Cahunter stated, it needs and shines with a 26" tube for best performance velocity.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom