Weatherby vs Tikka

Muleys24Seven

I have the option right now to get a lightly used weatherby mark v accumark 300 mag but I've been looking at tikka rifles as well in the 300 wsm. I do a lot of back pack hunts and hiking in the high country so weight is a big concern for me.

What do you guys think is the quality and accuracy of the weatherby worth the extra wt or should I go with a tikka?

I'm leaning towards a tikka but I have not shot either of the two models yet.

Thanks

Both rifles are well made that being said the 300 Weatherby has the edge for long range shooting. As far as weight go's less weight means more kick unless you plan on installing a muzzle brake. The 300 WSM is a good round and combined with the Tikka rifle for packing in makes a great choice. Good luck!

You will love the Tikka for backpack hunting..For what it's worth every load I have fed my Tikka T3 has resulted in sub MOA groups..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-13 AT 01:21AM (MST)[p]uh....you could buy 2 tikkas for what you could sell the mark 5 for......what is the asking price for the mark 5????

A Mark 5 for backpack hunts? Between the two I'd get the TIkka, although they've never appealed to me. I'm more of a Remington Mountain Rifle guy. mtmuley

my point was....if the mark 5 is a steal, buy it and resell it to fund the tikka.....with money left over.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-13 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-13 AT 07:00?PM (MST)

Thanks for the info everyone.

I got the weatherby in a deal I made with a guy. After handling it I realized there's no way I want to pack this thing around in the high country.

Tikkas have been on my radar for a while. And it would be nice to put a good scope on it and have some extra cash.

Went to a gun dealer today and they offered 1500 bucks. It's has a 6-24x Nikon monarch on it also. Fluted barrel, muzzle break and floated.

What's a good price for it you think?

Thanks

Whatever you can get. That Monarch isn't worth much. What would your dealer do on a trade for the Tikka you want with a scope you want on it? mtmuley

which way was the $500 going????.....did they offer you a sako, a VX2 and $500??????

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-13 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]No, sorry my last post wasn't very clear. I would have jumped on that. They wanted me to pay 500 out of pocket on top of the gun trade.

I bought a tikka 300 short mag in 2004 and shot a moose and grizzly bear.That rifle shot very well and took it with me on a 2006 NWT sheep hunt and fel into a river,I miss that gun. I shoot a rem and HS 300 rum now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom